Page 70 of 77 FirstFirst ... 2060666768697071727374 ... LastLast

Thread: Reminiscing

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Default Re: Reminiscing

Thanks for that awesome picture, Steph.

Today has been bittersweet for me. Three years ago tonight Soda, Houston Baby, and I were in Charlottesville, VA. at what turned out to be my last Eagles concert. Although that makes me sad, I am very grateful that we did the VIP package that night and that my last concert was in my home state with two wonderful friends.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Today was cleaning day in my office/bedroom and guitar/music room. Go through shelves and drawers and cupboards and organize/throw away/clean etc. Fun!

I came across my tour program for both the LROOE tour and HOTE tour.

Man, I'd give anything to see the band with Glenn one more time.

For me the LROOE show (both seats and setlist) paled in comparison to the HOTE show, but when put into context, I'm so glad I got to see them together even once. In that light, the LROOE show was also wonderful and good in it's own way.

I just wish I would have taken the opportunity to see them more but they were outdoor shows that I didn't go to. I went to every Eagles show that was inside that was in driving distance (5 hours or less) except one outdoor show. I should have went to it too, in hindsight but with my health it's always a risk to do so.

However, hindsight is always 20/20. I'm glad I got to see them at all, but I wish I could have seen them more with Glenn and I wish everyone could have as well.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    Thanks for that awesome picture, Steph.

Today has been bittersweet for me. Three years ago tonight Soda, Houston Baby, and I were in Charlottesville, VA. at what turned out to be my last Eagles concert. Although that makes me sad, I am very grateful that we did the VIP package that night and that my last concert was in my home state with two wonderful friends.
    I feel the same way Dreamer. It was a wonderful night - our guys were in great form! And thanks to you & Soda, it was an awesome long birthday weekend!! I had so much fun & it will be a birthday that I never forget!

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Baby View Post
    I feel the same way Dreamer. It was a wonderful night - our guys were in great form! And thanks to you & Soda, it was an awesome long birthday weekend!! I had so much fun & it will be a birthday that I never forget!
    What a night indeed! This is the stuff dreams are made of. So happy for all of you that you could share such a special moment - and now memory of a lifetime.

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016

Five years ago today, Dreamer, Houston Baby, and I attended an Eagles show in Memphis. It was a really special show for me. It was probably one of the best shows I've ever been to... a wonderful night. They were really on fire and having a great time. Glenn at one point even put on an Elvis wig and did an Elvis swagger! He was adorable.

https://eaglesonlinecentral.com/foru...is-TN-11-16-08

An unforgettable night!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

OMG Soda - You are so right ... what an incredible show that was. Not to mention, that we had pretty awesome seats as well.

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Five years ago today, Dreamer, Houston Baby, and I attended an Eagles show in Memphis. It was a really special show for me. It was probably one of the best shows I've ever been to... a wonderful night. They were really on fire and having a great time. Glenn at one point even put on an Elvis wig and did an Elvis swagger! He was adorable.

https://eaglesonlinecentral.com/foru...is-TN-11-16-08

An unforgettable night!
    Hmm. While not so in setlist.fm, the actual setlist of this show seems very different and unique. Which were the different ones done? When I search, there is not one special/unique song done.
    The chemistry... nuff said

cosec - That link that Soda posted is actually not the 2013 Memphis show. Here is the link:

https://eaglesonlinecentral.com/foru...-TN-10-14-2103

The setlist for this show was the same as all of the other HOTE tours. What made the concert so special to us were the fantastic seats and all of the energy and interaction from the band at this show. They were at the top of their game that night. One of our members posted a song-by-song review near the end of the thread.

Border Desperado longtimeeaglesfan's Avatar

Hard to believe it has been 5 years - That was my first opportunity to ever see the Eagles live (either as a group or solo) but have been a to a dozen of their concerts since! I managed to get a few videos from my phone from that show that I saved to a DVD - that must have been before they started cracking down on cameras! Certainly a great memory!

My apologies for posting the wrong link!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten