Page 12 of 77 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262 ... LastLast

Thread: Reminiscing

Default Re: Reminiscing

Quote Originally Posted by Troubadour View Post
    Aw, Willie.

That photo still makes me smile, too. I remember messing around, writing "Joe was here" in Paint on Jess's computer, and we knew we HAD to post it to give you guys a chuckle! If only we'd taken the photo a couple of minutes earlier...
    Amen to that!

Awww Willie, don't be melancholy. Think of all the money you're saving!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

LOL! Always a bright side, eh Cathy?

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

For some reason, saving money doesn't sound as good to me as it did when they first announced the date in Indy. Here's to vicariously living thru others.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Quote Originally Posted by Troubadour View Post
    If only we'd taken the photo a couple of minutes earlier...
    Yeah, If only!! I still can't believe that there was 4 of us standing there when Joe walked by only 5 feet away and not one of us could move or even say a single word.
    ~Jess~

Stranded "on a corner in Winslow, Arizona
    Such a fine sight to see."

Quote Originally Posted by TimothyBFan View Post
    it's almost exactly a year ago (next Monday) that Soda, PM & I made our sojourn to Chicago to see Timothy's solo show. Feeling pretty Melancholy right now.
    Aw, fun times that I'll always remember!

And San Jose - wow, what a night. Man, I just saw them Sunday and I'm feeling it!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border luvthelighthouse's Avatar

I too was recently recalling Timothy's solo show. I loved meeting so many people from this board and seeing TBS up close. It was awesome.

Days later, I remember driving out of my way to pick up his CD at the only record store in the area to carry it. My phone broke on the way home...I didn't even care because I was dying over White Boy from Sacramento... and recalling his show...

Ah, good times...

Very cool, ltl. Love that Tim even eased the pain of your phone breaking!

I'd love to meet you one day (along with many others, of course.) Borderers are the best.

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

5 years ago today, I saw my first Eagles concert in Sacramento, California. It was truly a life-changing event.

I hadn't initially planned to go. I saw some good tickets for a reasonable price on Ebay, and impulsively I decided to buy them thinking it would be the only time I could see the Eagles, as they had talked of hanging it up. I treasured every second. It was a fabulous show and one that will always hold a special place in my heart - you never forget your first time.

Seeing the Eagles was a thrill, of course, but I also met PLS, Dreamer, and Karen Z at that concert. I had communicated with PLS for months but I didn't really know Dreamer and Z at the time. When I couldn't stay with PLS due to logistical difficulties, I asked Dreamer to let me bunk with her and she agreed. I'll always appreciate how kind, generous, and friendly Dreamer and Z were to me.

And that's not all! That night would also eventually lead to me meeting Glenn. I never would have gone to Pebble Beach if not for Dreamer bringing up the idea and PLS agreeing to go with me. Heck, I didn't even know what the deal was with Pebble Beach at the time. Me: "Go to Pebble Beach? Well, I think Glenn is all that and a bag of chips, but I don't know if I'd want to come out here just to watch him golf. I'm not really that into golf..." Dreamer: "No, you can actually meet him and talk to him!" That revelation - that I could actually have a chance to meet this guy I so admired - led to my first trip to Pebble Beach all sorts of unforgettable adventures. I even developed a degree of appreciation for golf! lol

Here's to that wild night in Sacramento, good times, and good friends!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Hmmm - I think I vaguely remember that show. Well, it wasn't my first Eagles show, but it was the first time I had ever met up with other fans at a show - so it is a 'first' for me in that way. We had a great weekend and I've been meeting up with other fans at shows ever since whenever I can.

And after all the planning and research about Pebble Beach that I had done, as it turned out I wasn't even able to go that first year because of a scheduling conflict with my job. I was so upset, but Soda and PLS were great - they called me once or twice every day with 'updates'. I think they must've felt sorry for me. In retrospect, I should have quit the stupid job and just gone because I ended up quitting the very next month. I don't think hardly anything could have held be back from going the next few years though.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

I saw the Eagles two years ago today I remember being ecstatic when I found out the Eagles were coming to New Orleans. The two months between buying the tickets and going to the show were the longest two months of my life I was so excited the day of the concert. I was no where near the stage but I still had a fantastic time. I hope they come this way again!

Open up your eyes take the devil from your mind