Page 18 of 77 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021222868 ... LastLast

Thread: Reminiscing

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Reminiscing

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    I really hope that every hardcore fan will get to see at least one show on the band's 40-year anniversary tour (of course, I'm assuming there is going to be a 40-year anniversary tour).
    I'm not expecting an Eagles tour of Australia next year. I think that is beyond the realms of possibility. I am hoping for something else, instead.

Do you remember what song they started with? I'm thinking it was How Long, but they changed things up a little so I may be wrong.
    They did open with How Long. That's one of the songs I remember very vividly. And I'm really hoping they do another tour - I remember thinking that the LROOE tour would possibly be the last time I'd ever see them live, but all the possible 40th anniversary talk is making me cautiously optimistic about seeing them again.
    ~ Tori
    https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/downloads/images/henley24.jpg

Stuck on the Border Henley Honey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tori View Post
    They did open with How Long. That's one of the songs I remember very vividly. And I'm really hoping they do another tour - I remember thinking that the LROOE tour would possibly be the last time I'd ever see them live, but all the possible 40th anniversary talk is making me cautiously optimistic about seeing them again.

No one can be absolutely sure, but I've got a very strong gut feeling that they will tour for their 40th Anniversary. Better start saving your babysitting money or your allowance in an "Eagles" fund. You never know when you're gonna need it!!

One year ago, 1st and 2nd October I saw the Eagles in Reno and Oakland.
    The Reno show ended without encores as an alarm went off accidentally and the arena was cleared, even though we heard later that the Eagles were still back stage waiting to come back & do the encore(s). An arena security mess-up there, as they should have told us it was a false alarm and that the band were coming back.

Oakland - great show. Got a smile from Will (we were front row and near him) and I won a set of Joe Walsh guitar strings from the Reno show in the ILAA party draw. What a night it was! Happy memories.

Another concert anniversary! October 18, 2003 was the first time I saw the Eagles in Green Bay, WI for the Farewell 1 tour. It's been eight years! That seems really long ago... which probably explains why I hardly remember anything. I do remember them opening with The Long Run, but along with some other vague details, that's about it. It was still fun, though - I remember going crazy when they started singing. :P
    ~ Tori
    https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/downloads/images/henley24.jpg

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Just came to me that exactly 2 years ago last night, I got the thrill of my life, doing something I never, ever thought would ever happen!! It was Timothy's solo show in Chicago.

He sings it high, he plays it low

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

He sings it high, he plays it low

Awww, that's awesome, Willie. I'm so glad you got the chance to see Tim solo - I'm sure you're enjoying the memories! Those are some of my favourite live photos of Timothy. I love how soulful and tender he looks in the close-up (the second pic in your last post.)

I know from experience what a treat it is to see him solo. He is so modest and sweet-natured, and his voice is as soulful as ever. I really hope you get the chance to see him again sometime soon! You never know what's around the corner...

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Great memories! I wish Tim would do another tour and come somewhere close to me.

Same goes for all the guys actually!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

I'm so glad that you got to see Tim too, Willie! after seeing Glenn in Niagara Falls I know first hand what a thrill it is to see your favorite Eagle in a solo concert & in much smaller venues than the Eagles do!