Page 25 of 77 FirstFirst ... 152122232425262728293575 ... LastLast

Thread: Reminiscing

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Default Re: Reminiscing

Quote Originally Posted by StephUK View Post
    This is a couple of days late, but I want to say Hi to Carole(TequilaGirl), Melanie(Annabel) & Hannah for lots of fun one year ago on 1st July at the Hop Festival in Kent UK where the Eagles did a short but well-received set. Hope to see you at another show soon.
    Hopefully Steph! Do you think you'd be well enough if Glenn tours in the UK later in the year?

I remember the Hop Farm day too. I had been tempted to go but the fact that it would be a shorter set put me off. And I was very glad! Because while you girls were watching our boys performing I was booking my tickets for Niagara Falls!

What a year it has been for Glenn and all of his fans!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

GA, I'd love to see Glenn's show if he comes to the UK(and hopefully he'll bring Will with him 'cos I'm in need of a 'sighting'). Hopefully I'll be allowed to drive again in a month or so; it depends on how quickly my right leg decides to come back to normal(still have some sensory loss at the moment) Keeping my fingers crossed.

Also GA, do you realise that it was 3 years ago that Phyllis and I met you & your family in Belfast and Dublin at the Eagles shows? How fast time goes by.
    Here's some of my photos from those shows to help you remember(as if you would forget). You can see Will at the piano in the first photo, so the song is WITW.

2009 Belfast 80iv by stephclark62, on Flickr

2009 Belfast 108ii by stephclark62, on Flickr

2009 Dublin 13ii by stephclark62, on Flickr

2009 Dublin 5ii by stephclark62, on Flickr

one month ago today in Pittsburgh

OMG great pics Steph!!!

On my recent trip to the UK, every time we stopped in a city where I saw the Eagles back in 2006, I had a wave of nostalgia! It was hard to keep from going on about it as we traveled through them, especially since back then I was also in the UK in June.

Those places full of Eagles memories that I visited this time around:

London, England at Twickenham
    When I saw a sign for it (we didn't go there), all I could think was "Wow, has it really been 6 years since I saw my second Eagles show ever?" I remember taking my first photos at an Eagles show. I was 4th row. Oh my gosh, I was so inappropriately gushy about certain things, it makes me almost want to go back and edit my review! But remember, we were still a private board then... at any rate, it was only my second show and I already thought the Plaintiff joke was old hat after hearing it on Farewell 1 and several live bootlegs (shhh). Little did I know how many more times I would hear it!

London England at Wembley:
    I couldn't go to Shakespeare's Globe this time without remembering how I had to hustle from there to the Wembley show and almost didn't make it on time back in 2006. Then, I got to the ILAA counter and I got FIRST row! I wouldn't get that again until Atlanta a few months ago. Back in 2006 such a ticket cost about $500. Ah, the good old days... it was also the first time Glenn looked my way a few times during a concert, and I wondered if he recognized me from that first Pebble Beach trip that had occurred a few months prior. Pebble Beach was the only time he had ever seen me before, but heck, it was for three days, so it was possible he'd remember! Gosh, I was so hyper-concerned about Glenn recognizing me back then - what would he think of me if he saw me in London, I wondered worriedly. Luckily eventually I came to realize that while Glenn has an amazing memory and seems to remember people regardless of how few times he's met them, he doesn't find it odd that people go to multiple shows, even if they are far apart. (I know, "duh" right? I was just very insecure. I'm much better about that now... and you know, Glenn kind of helped me out in that regard. I'm not saying I owe my increased self-esteem to him because I don't need Glenn to be sweet to me in order to be validated or anything like that, but what can I say, it did me good. It did me a lot of good.)

Cardiff, Wales
    My thoughts this time: "It's nice to see the city instead of just the area around the concert venue." It was an impulse show that I went to because glenneaglesfan was going and I was staying with her at the time, so I didn't have a ticket. I walked around the venue talking to 'ticket touts' for an hour. Yeah, I have no desire to walk around that part of Cardiff again! Now I have memories of the city as amazingly beautiful and full of history. Cardiff has much improved in my mind with this recent trip.

We didn't go to Glasgow, but seeing as how my memories of that concert were pretty bad, it's just as well!

Ah, reminiscing.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

I Love to Read in this thread!
    "For the record, we never broke up, we just took a 14-year vacation!"
    (Glenn Frey)

Stuck on the Border

I saw Glenn for the first time on August 5, 1988, when he guested with the Little River Band.

I saw my 1st Eagles' concert on Aug 4, 2008 in Moncton, New Brunswick. I had joined The Border on July 27th. Memories, sweet memories!

GlennHoney was also at this concert, although I hadn't communicated with her on The Border at that time.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Love reading about your memories, Soda, FP and GL! Keep them coming everybody!

Steph! I do indeed remember that week where we were in both Dublin and Belfast in July 2009! I sincerely hope wear paths cross again soon!
    Hope you are feeling a lot better!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Very cool, you guys!!!!! Love the stories!
    He sings it high, he plays it low