Page 26 of 77 FirstFirst ... 162223242526272829303676 ... LastLast

Thread: Reminiscing

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Reminiscing

A year ago (my time) some of us were getting ready for this:

Yes, I post the second photo a lot. I'm proud of it because it was very difficult to take a photo at all. The experience, both nights, was one of the most extraordinary I have ever had, and left me hungry for more. I got my wish earlier this year, and perhaps I will get my wish again next year. Hearing him sing those songs (and watching him without a guitar) was incredible.

Also it was wonderful to finally meet some Borderers - Soda, GA, Dreamer, PLS, GL & hubby, HH & hubby, TF & her father when I was in Toronto. It was just wonderful.

I may as well post one of the photos from the second night too. That was the closest to Glenn I have ever been.

If I only had a photo of 'my moment' when he pointed at me as he sang 'if you ever plan to motor west' during Route 66 on the second night. Later on he smiled at me & I framed his face in a heart made of my fingers. I don't know what he thought.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Thanks for the memories, Julie. I was just heading over to this thread to post something when I saw you had just posted. We must have been reading each other's minds. This was the day before the first show, but, as you said, it was the first time some of us met for the first time. What a wonderful few days that trip was thanks to Mr. Frey and our fellow Borderers!!!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    Thanks for the memories, Julie. I was just heading over to this thread to post something when I saw you had just posted. We must have been reading each other's minds. This was the day before the first show, but, as you said, it was the first time some of us met for the first time. What a wonderful few days that trip was thanks to Mr. Frey and our fellow Borderers!!!
    I should point out that today is August 23 for me, which is why I said 'a year ago (my time)'. Sometimes I wait until the following day in order to be in line with everyone else, but today I didn't want to wait.

I love looking at your pics ladies and hearing all about Glenn's shows last year...I wish I had been on the border then...I would have known about them and gone, seeing they were in my backyard!!! hope he comes here again soon!! keep those memories coming girls!

Stuck on the Border Tiffanny Twisted's Avatar

Sounds like you had fun.

eagles or Glenn, TBS, Joe Or Don concerts are the best and seeing Boarder friends makes it special. We saw Joe and Met soda and HH and VF for the first time.
    Then we did the sands in may and met boarder frineds again.
    I am so siked for the revel..
    LOve your pitures

I Love this thread. It' so interessting to read all your memories and see The pics again!
    "For the record, we never broke up, we just took a 14-year vacation!"
    (Glenn Frey)

It was a wonderful time. Very happy memories!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Maybe I'll have to stop reading this thread for the next couple of days! I'm getting angry at my old boss all over again for not letting me take any time off or even work a shifted work-week. So my memories are of being in a pout and of course, watching my trees vibrate and the earth literally wave, and hear things falling off the walls. Yes, today's also the one year anniversary of the big quake here in the east! I still haven't repaired the drywall in the garage...
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

That's right, VA - the earthquake happened when I was in Niagara Falls, so, fortunately for me, I missed most of the excitement. Although there were some folks even there that said they felt tremors. I remember when I returned home, my computer monitor was lying in the floor and my printer was leaning off the stand but didn't fall. Thankfully, neither were damaged. The only other visible effect that I found was that it also cracked the drywall next to my fireplace. I was having such a good time on the trip that I didn't even think much about any damages. I just figured I'd deal with any problems when I got home.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Those are wonderful memories for all of you that got to go! Doesn't seem possible that it's been a year now!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten