Page 27 of 77 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast

Thread: Reminiscing

Stuck on the Border Henley Honey's Avatar

Default Re: Reminiscing

In some ways it seems like it was just yesterday that we were braving the "hill from hell" to get back from the Falls to the hotel to meet up before the show. I'd only been on the board for a few months but was very happy to meet everyone "in the flesh", put some faces to the names, and spend some time with new friends.

It was the first time I had seen Glenn's solo shows and he did not disappoint -- either night! It was nice that he mixed it up with old and new songs. I'd go back in a heartbeat!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Henley Honey View Post
    In some ways it seems like it was just yesterday that we were braving the "hill from hell" to get back from the Falls to the hotel to meet up before the show. I'd only been on the board for a few months but was very happy to meet everyone "in the flesh", put some faces to the names, and spend some time with new friends.

It was the first time I had seen Glenn's solo shows and he did not disappoint -- either night! It was nice that he mixed it up with old and new songs. I'd go back in a heartbeat!!!
    Oh, so would I if I could!

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

I too have been reminiscing all week too about the wonderful few days I spent with the other Borderers in Niagara Falls - Soda, Dreamer, PLS, FP, TF, GL, HH, and their respective spouses. It was wonderful after four years on the board, and after wanting to see even ONE Glenn show to be able to do two in a row. and of course he did not disappoint, with his mix of old and new, solos and Eagles. As FP has posted pics, he looked fabulous, and of course, the sweetest moment for me was when he actually read out the sign that I had brought!

Of course I too would go back in a heartbeat! Y trip earlier this year to LA with Soda and FP has only whetted my appetite for more....... And there are so many people I'd love to meet again!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Was this really only 3 months ago?
    I wish I would have found this board before this. Then maybe I could have met Zelda and TopKat.
    Someday.......

If Tim puts out a new album and tours behind it, we can do it all over again!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by SallyGee View Post

I wish I would have found this board before this. Then maybe I could have met Zelda and TopKat.
    Someday.......
    omg I can't believe it's three months already!! seems just like yesterday to me! can't believe we were all there and I didn't know you then and I couldn't find TK in the crowd...someday we will all see sweet Timothy B together!!!

It was 4 years ago that I made my first visit to the USA.

I stayed with my friend in Texas and we saw the Eagles at the Toyota Center in Houston on the 9 Sept, and at the AA Center in Dallas on the 13 & 14 Sept. This was the year of Hurricane Ike, and the Eagles cancelled their 2nd Houston show which should have been on the 11 Sept. So I missed out on one of my planned shows, as it was rescheduled for 1 December.

I remember these shows with great affection; seeing the Eagles in the US for the first time was a special experience. We did ILAA(which was a lot cheaper then!) so we had good seats and the shows were amazing - even though this was the era of the black suits.

Will looked absolutely gorgeous and I adored him even more after these shows.

I can't believe it was 4 years ago; where has the time gone?

Here are some photos I took at the Houston show. I don't think I've posted these before. Great memories.

Eagles 2008 Houston 74s by stephclark62, on Flickr

Houston 2008 56 Glenn & Joe by stephclark62, on Flickr

Houston 2008 50 Don & Joe by stephclark62, on Flickr

Eagles 2008 O2 London 31 by stephclark62, on Flickr

Eagles 2008 Houston 87s by stephclark62, on Flickr

Houston 2008 44 Timothy by stephclark62, on Flickr

Houston 2008 21i by stephclark62, on Flickr

JUST AS I SAID, ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS!!

Will 2008 Houston 48 by stephclark62, on Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by SallyGee View Post

Someday.......
    I couldn't believe that Zelda showed up at this show. I had no idea she was coming....We finally met at the Eagles show on Sept 2nd. We are both big TBS fans! Hope to meet you too SallyG because I know you are also a big fan of TBS!

Also got to meet Soda, Va, HH, & Dreamer in Atlantic City!!! It was a great night with the Eagles!

Steph, Those are some beautiful pictures of the guys. Was that LROOE tour? Looks like it! YUMMY

Quote Originally Posted by Topkat View Post
    I couldn't believe that Zelda showed up at this show. I had no idea she was coming....We finally met at the Eagles show on Sept 2nd. We are both big TBS fans! Hope to meet you too SallyG because I know you are also a big fan of TBS!

Also got to meet Soda, Va, HH, & Dreamer in Atlantic City!!! It was a great night with the Eagles!

Steph, Those are some beautiful pictures of the guys. Was that LROOE tour? Looks like it! YUMMY

Yes TopKat, it was the LROOE Tour. I saw one of the first shows of the tour at the O2 Arena in London on 22 March, and the next ones I saw were these 3 in Texas. Seems so long ago now.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Wonderful pics Steph, and wonderful memories too! It was great to meet you and your friend in Belfast in 09! I hope we will meet again some time, and also that you are continuing your recovery.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP