Page 3 of 77 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Thread: Reminiscing

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Default Re: Reminiscing

What the hell is wrong with that man that he keeps ignoring you, ticky!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Default Re: Today in Eagles History

Quote Originally Posted by Prettymaid View Post
    As I've said before, I never thought I'd get to see them once - let alone twice.
    Someone was smiling on me nicely this year cause not only did I get to finally see Eagles for the first time in January but also a pleasant surprise Henley show in Miami in May. And as soon as they're available another possible Henley date. Can't get much better than that...I don't think. Unless the other guys decide to go solo.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Well, I completely forgot what 9/20/08 was. I saw the Eagles in Columbia, MO from the front row! What a thrill it was! The whole experience was just nearly too much. Yes, we had seen them in 2002 and 2003, but not from the front row, just off center in front of Joe! It was awesome and something I'll never forget. Nor will my husband. My pics didn't turn out very good, but I do have a couple. The camera nazis were in full force and there's no one to hide behind in the front row!

And Timothy, if you still have my sign, just autograph it and send it back to me! I'll love ya for it!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Brooke, how very lucky you were to see our guys from the front row!! I think I would have passed out if I were that close!
    The closest I have been is row 8 in Hershey, where I met Eaglesvet, who was seated on the same row! And that was an awesome experience being that close!

What a night that was! And what a amazing coincidence to be located just a couple of seats away from each other, without having any idea that the other one of us would even be in that arena of 20,000 cheering fans even earlier that morning!
    ~Eva~

...the calling of the tide's eternal tune, the phases of the moon, the chambers of the heart, the egg and dart...

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Closest I ever got was Row 2 at the O2 in London, and what a view that was. I sincerely hope I manage to see these guys at least a few more times. And I would KILL to see Glenn live!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

I had a front row seat on 14 September 2008 in Dallas, between Glenn & Joe. That was amazing. It was easy to 'lock eyes' with them.

That was the night I got a wave from Will at the end of the set, then he gave me a smile & nod of the head when I waved my banner as they started 'Take it Easy'. I'll never forget it.

Steph

It must have been awsome sitting right in the front row. I go in Hamilton in November I have 3 row. I hope I have a good view. I could just imagine the thrill of actually seing them close.

At the Eagles concerts I've been to I've had 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, and 6th row seats, but I'm still waiting for that elusive 1st row seat. I had excellent views from all of those seats except for the 4th row seats in Charlottesville, and it just so happens that was the one and only time I ever purchased a five star ILAA ticket. They were actually very good seats just left of center between Tim and Glenn. Unfortunately, the seats directly in front of us happened to be occupied by two of the biggest guys at the show that night. Molly and Karen Z were with me, and all three of us are short (especially me). I don't think any of us had much of a view. I could see Tim fairly well, but I had to struggle the entire night to get decent views of Glenn. This did not make me happy! . But, there was the time in Sacramento. This was the show where I first met Karen Z, Soda, and PLS. Karen Z and I had great Row 4 aisle seats right in front of Tim. However, there was a smaill thru fare up to the front of the stage directly in front of us. About midway through the second half Z looked at me and said "c'mon". For a moment, I didn't know what she was talking about, but as she headed toward the stage, I picked up my bag and said "cool". We headed right up to the front of the stage, and security just waved us on. We watched the rest of the show from the very best "seats" in the house standing right at the stage directly between Tim and Glenn.

Now as far as the Glenn and Joe solo shows that I've been to, at most of them, we were allowed to go up to the stage. Wow, talk about a view!

OMG - I looked at Today In Eagles History a few minutes ago, and I realized that today was the date that I attended my 3rd Eagles concert in Oakland, CA. Now, if you wonder why my 3rd concert is so special, it's because this is the first concert where I had a really good seat (3rd row center), and when I was ... err ... 'chosen' by Glenn. Yep - it was exactly four years ago today when a certain wavy-haired guitar player captured my heart for good. I remember that was also the night that I took excruciatingly detailed notes, and ended up writing a very long review. After I realized that the anniversary is today, I went back and re-read the thread. I was literally lol as I read the discussion in this thread. I posted it shortly before the kickoff of the LROOE tour in Europe so there was already some excitement in the air around here at the time. Here is the thread for anyone else who wants to reminisce ...

https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/...read.php?t=728