Page 54 of 77 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864 ... LastLast

Thread: Reminiscing

Default Re: Reminiscing

Congratulations, Soda! Your work on this board is so greatly appreciated! I know that it has certainly enriched my life in many ways, not least of which is meeting so many wonderful people (yourself included), both on The Border & in person. I have come to need my "Border fix" at least once a day. Thank you soooooo much, Nancy!

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Aw, you guys are so sweet! You make all the hard work worthwhile!

Who knows where life's path would have taken me. I probably would have kept updating my Fleetwood Mac site, which I pretty much abandoned to do GFO and then the other Eagles sites. I also abandoned the Buckingham Nicks message board I used to run - closed it down completely to concentrate on this one.
    I used to go to that buckinghamnicks site alot about 4-5 years ago. I couldn't believe how many photos were on that site, and the lyrics/lyic interpretations! I loved it! Thanks for that as well!

I wonder if "the ledge" board is still around? (I was I'msoafraid95 on it. Haven't been on there in at least 3 years though)

(Sorry didn't mean to derail the thread. I just had to comment on that)
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Stuck on the Border Jonny Come Lately's Avatar
    Watching the hazy sun sinking in the sea in England

I think you made the right call in focussing on this board and the EOC and related sites, SS! I've only been around for the last six months but I've had a great time on here so far, here's to many more years.

AG95, I'm pretty sure The Ledge is still around, I checked it the other day after hearing that Fleetwood Mac cancelled a couple of their UK shows ahead of their performance of the IoW festival.

As much as I like Fleetwood Mac's music, I never enjoying reading message boards about them much*. As a lifelong fan of Rumours I just don't get the love Tusk always seems to receive, and I certainly don't enjoy reading the 'chiffon heads' (IIRC this is the term for fanatic Stevie fans?) having a go at Don/Joe/the Eagles in general.

*I don't include the FM thread on this board in this. And definitely not the Stevie Nicks thread, which can be quite, ahem, distracting.

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

I can relate to the money aspect!!

I'm glad you have no plans on shutting us down! I live and die on Facebook, but only the group pages encourage real give and take discussion, and it's nearly impossible to go back and look at posts from even a month ago, there's no search function, and no organization. Not to mention, no anonymity, and so regardless of your privacy settings, anyone can see your posts, including employers. Making a group a closed group adds privacy, but that discourages people joining because they won't join what they can't see.

Enough about that, I'm just glad to be here! I'm glad to be surrounded by so many people who 'get it'!
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Today is a special day for me. 10 years ago today, I saw Don Henley perform with Stevie Nicks in Chicago. I thought he was so fantastic that I bought his Greatest Hits, then the Eagles Greatest Hits, then Glenn's Greatest Hits, then the Glenn website, then the board, then the rest of the sites.... and here we are now.

My life has changed in a lot of ways since then and I've experienced things I never thought I would, made friends all over the world...

And it all started with that night in Chicago.
    Glad that started it all, Nancy & the rest is history!!! Congratulations & thanks for starting the websites !

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Come Lately View Post
    I think you made the right call in focussing on this board and the EOC and related sites, SS! I've only been around for the last six months but I've had a great time on here so far, here's to many more years.

AG95, I'm pretty sure The Ledge is still around, I checked it the other day after hearing that Fleetwood Mac cancelled a couple of their UK shows ahead of their performance of the IoW festival.

As much as I like Fleetwood Mac's music, I never enjoying reading message boards about them much*. As a lifelong fan of Rumours I just don't get the love Tusk always seems to receive, and I certainly don't enjoy reading the 'chiffon heads' (IIRC this is the term for fanatic Stevie fans?) having a go at Don/Joe/the Eagles in general.

*I don't include the FM thread on this board in this. And definitely not the Stevie Nicks thread, which can be quite, ahem, distracting.
    What you described is why I left "the ledge". It seemed to me like there was more division among fans there. I didn't really feel a group aspect. Even though I've only been here a month, I feel the group feeling. While we all have our favorite member(s), we all fans of the band as a whole, and that shines through. Heck, I've been more active here in the past month than I was during several months on The Ledge!
    -Kim-

Well, it's a small world! The Ledge is still around - in fact, it's pretty much the only active FM message board left. I'm sodascouts on there, too, and I still post once in a while.

Yep, that board - and any Fleetwood Mac board - is filled with drama. Over the years, we've had some heated disagreements on here; it's gotten ugly on a few occasions; there's been some hard feelings, some people who've left in anger and even some people who've gotten banned... but compared to the drama that occurs on an almost daily basis in the Fleetwood Mac fandom, we're milk and cookies.

The Stevie fans vs. Lindsey fan fights are legendary. Here, people might get a bit miffed if they feel their favorite band member is getting slighted, or grumble perceived favoritism. Basically, take that and multiply it by 1000 for the Stevie v Lindsey fights. That is so bad that they have concocted disparaging names for the "other side" (chiffonheads vs buckheads) and make it the main focus of a great number of posts. I guess the closest we come is the Felder v Frey/Henley stuff which has led to several heated conflicts here, but even that's not nearly as intense as the FM fights (hard for some members here to believe, I bet, but it's true).

Don't even get me started on the intense hostility some (not all) Stevie fans have toward Don and Joe. All I can say is that if Stevie forgives them, what right do we have to hold a grudge on her behalf? I mean, Don is one of her closest friends, for cryin' out loud! But I digress.

Again, the much more mellow vibe here is thanks to you guys, the users. I just facilitate.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Well, it's a small world! The Ledge is still around - in fact, it's pretty much the only active FM message board left. I'm sodascouts on there, too, and I still post once in a while.

Yep, that board - and any Fleetwood Mac board - is filled with drama. Over the years, we've had some heated disagreements on here; it's gotten ugly on a few occasions; there's been some hard feelings, some people who've left in anger and even some people who've gotten banned... but compared to the drama that occurs on an almost daily basis in the Fleetwood Mac fandom, we're milk and cookies.

The Stevie fans vs. Lindsey fan fights are legendary. Here, people might get a bit miffed if they feel their favorite band member is getting slighted, or grumble perceived favoritism. Basically, take that and multiply it by 1000 for the Stevie v Lindsey fights. That is so bad that they have concocted disparaging names for the "other side" (chiffonheads vs buckheads) and make it the main focus of a great number of posts. I guess the closest we come is the Felder v Frey/Henley stuff, but even that's not nearly as intense (hard for some members here to believe, I bet, but it's true).

Don't even get me started on the intense hostility some (not all) Stevie fans have toward Don and Joe. All I can say is that if Stevie forgives them, what right do we have to hold a grudge on her behalf? I mean, Don is one of her closest friends, for cryin' out loud! But I digress.

Again, the much more mellow vibe here is thanks to you guys, the users. I just facilitate.
    I was going to ask about that. You're one of the few members that I remember(why, I don't know). When I first discovered The Border, and I saw your name, I immediately thought of The Ledge. I reckon that I should check back in there sometime.

I could never understand why people would want the message board to be filled with hatred and vile posts about band members. I was (and still am) partial to John Mcvie. He's the F Mac member I love the most, so I couldn't and didn't want to get into the buckhead vs. Chiffonhead fights. I just wanted to discuss the band! (Same here on this board)
    And don't forget the hatred toward Lindsey's wife, Kristen. Some of the shippers (iirc that is the term for a person who believes that Lindsey and Stevie should still be a couple) wanted her dead! I know that we might be envious of the Eagles' wives, but we would never wish anything like that!

OK, I think that I'm done with my soapbox. I just will never understand the need for drama and fights, especially if you are a fan of the band as a whole. Agree to disagree or usethe pm system to talk about it.
    -Kim-

Although I'm a newbie, I just wanted to say congrats, Soda, on your tenth anniversary! The time and effort that you put forth to create and maintain all of these boards astounds me. I don't know how you do it, but it's so worth it! HFC!

"Bravo Zulu" for a job well done!

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Well - I'm a little late here, but congrats on your 10 year Donaversary, Soda. I have to say that going to that Chicago show to see Don and Stevie turned out to be a life-changing experience for me as well. I am so grateful for this board and the EOC sister sites, and for all of the friendships and experiences I've been able to share with so many members here. It's wonderful to have this board for the enjoyment of Eagles fans and I, for one, appreciate less drama. Long live The Border!!!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016