Page 56 of 77 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066 ... LastLast

Thread: Reminiscing

Default Re: Reminiscing

I was watching the Summerfest clips yesterday. I don't know why I thought WI was the first stop instead of KY. LOL

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Well I've developed a bout of PGW while doing some reminiscing. Today is the 8th anniversary of the first of two very special Glenn solo shows in Niagara Falls for Soda, PLS, and myself. We were feeling the love from Glenn as we got to hear I Love To Watch a Woman Dance, I Dreamed There Was No War, and You Are Not Alone live. Also, on the second night, he actually dedicated I Love To Watch a Woman Dance to us. I'm copying his exact words from the review thread ...

“I’d like to dedicate this song to some friends of mine – Lissa from California, Nancy from Indiana, and Kay from Virginia. They drove all the way out here to watch the old man sing.”

We thought that was so freakin' cool and sweet and I still get a huge smile on my face just thinking about it - many very special memories of that trip, indeed!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Wonderful memory Dreamer! I was only thinking of your trip in 07 today as I remembered it was around this time, and also of course our trip 4 years later in 2011. Hard to believe it was 4 years ago already. Enjoy the memories
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

What an AWESOME memory for you ladies! I cannot imagine what that was like - So cool and so sweet of Glenn!

How wonderful that you have such an event to remember! I've been thinking about our trip to NF in 2011 as well. Time sure does fly! At least we have our memories to treasure.

That's true - the memories live on!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

And he actually remembered where each of you were from?! Awesome!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Can't believe I forgot to post here on the specific dates, please allow me to now!

Sept. 19, 2004-Eleven years ago on this day I met Don Henley at a meet & greet in Springfield, MO. Can NOT believe so much time has passed! One of the highlights of my life and one I will never forget! Actually being in the same room with a man whose voice I had loved since the beginning of the Eagles, touching him, talking with him, a picture with him and autographs, even if it was for just a couple minutes! Heaven!

Sept. 20, 2008-Seven years ago since seeing the Eagles live from Row 1 Vip on the Long Road Out of Eden tour! It was awesome sitting right smack in front of Joe Walsh, making eye contact with him and Glenn at different times. My favorite band since their inception! A dream come true!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Some special dates for sure! Wow, time flies!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    Well I've developed a bout of PGW while doing some reminiscing. Today is the 8th anniversary of the first of two very special Glenn solo shows in Niagara Falls for Soda, PLS, and myself. We were feeling the love from Glenn as we got to hear I Love To Watch a Woman Dance, I Dreamed There Was No War, and You Are Not Alone live. Also, on the second night, he actually dedicated I Love To Watch a Woman Dance to us. I'm copying his exact words from the review thread ...

“I’d like to dedicate this song to some friends of mine – Lissa from California, Nancy from Indiana, and Kay from Virginia. They drove all the way out here to watch the old man sing.”

We thought that was so freakin' cool and sweet and I still get a huge smile on my face just thinking about it - many very special memories of that trip, indeed!
    Oh my gosh, what a special and thrilling experience. Dang. He seems very gracious toward his fans.