Page 57 of 77 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859606167 ... LastLast

Thread: Reminiscing

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Default Re: Reminiscing

Wow! NMB - Reading through that makes me giddy all over again. It still boggles my mind to this day about how incredibly kind Glenn has treated us. No matter what the public perception of him is, I have personally witnessed a very kind man who is extremely appreciative of what he has achieved and of his fans. I Glenn Frey!

And I love reading this thread and having everyone share their memorable experiences. It is inspiring to see how much this band means to so many of us.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

I think I am so lucky in my life to have met so many lovely people (online and in the flesh) directly and indirectly through the Border. 9 and a half years is a long time and I have amassed a great many friends and had so many wonderful experiences which I would never have had is it wasn't for the Border.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

That is so sweet, GA! And I couldn't agree with you more - I feel exactly the same way.

I've thought about this several times today - it was exactly 10 years ago tonight in Oakland, CA when I saw my first Eagles concert from a closeup view. I had been to 2 previous shows (Richmond, 5/03 and Hampton, 3/05), but this was the first time I was close enough to really see the band and to be seen. I got some Glenntact that night and it was this night that he 'chose' me for good. It was also the night when it occurred to me that the Pebble Beach AT&T Pro Am Golf Tournament may be a really cool place to hang out. As they say, "the rest is history".

Out on the Border

The HOTE tour seems like a lifetime ago now. I'd been hoping to catch a couple of solo shows but being made redundant kinda ruined that for me...
    If anyone wants to add me on Facebook then pm me if you can't find me, I won't really be on here so much.
    Somebody did comment to me at one of the shows that I don't post much; I tend to use Fb for keeping in touch with people, I only came across this site fairly recently and like to post when there's shows in case we can catch up with people.
    On another note I was told there was some comments by a few people that I was a liar, they can jog on for all I care My other half and myself are just two people that have been very fortunate to have had some amazing experiences in life, I like to think of it as a counterbalance for all the bad...

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Flo, I'm sorry you lost your job and hope you find something better very soon. All the best to you.

Out on the Border

Thanks NMB that's very kind of you.
    I managed to pick up some freelance work through an ex colleague so at least I can start my next tour fund! I just hope there are some shows in the not too distant future...

It was 13 years ago on today that I saw my very first Eagles concert here in my hometown of Richmond, Virginia. I've always celebrated the date with glee before, but it was probably because l was always anticipating seeing more shows. This year I celebrate with bittersweet reminiscing knowing that I'll never see the band again.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Awwww, I know what you mean. But so glad you got to see them as many times as you did during that 13 years! And that was quite a few shows if I remember correctly!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

You have indeed Dreamer - and have wonderful memories as a result like so many of us. I cant help thinking too that the After Hours shows started this night 4 years ago in the Town Hall in New York. While I wasn't able to make that one I know quite a few Borderers did get there. I'm sure the memories are flooding in for you guys particularly. Hugs xxx
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP