Page 58 of 77 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268 ... LastLast

Thread: Reminiscing

Default Re: Reminiscing

Four years ago today, I saw Glenn Frey perform at the Wiltern, a very special venue to me, and it was magnificent (see reviews here). I will always treasure that memory. I hadn't planned on going - it was a spur of the moment thing, inspired by GlennsAllnighter - but I'm so glad I did. What a great night, what a great time. Thank you, Glenn.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Four years ago today, I saw Glenn Frey perform at the Wiltern, a very special venue to me, and it was magnificent (see reviews here). I will always treasure that memory. I hadn't planned on going - it was a spur of the moment thing, inspired by GlennsAllnighter - but I'm so glad I did. What a great night, what a great time. Thank you, Glenn.
    It was. It was also special meeting you & GA again (I still have hopes that we will meet again even if there are no longer any Eagles related reasons to do so).

Twice I crossed the Atlantic to see Glenn, and I had the time of my life on both trips (for newbies the other time wa August 2011 at Niagara Falls).

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

I am so so glad that I went too. I really wanted to see the After Hours shows and I literally had a tiny window of time that I could use to see this show. Even though I spent a lot of time traveling that weekend I don't regret it for a single minute. It was wonderful also to meet Soda and FP again and of course Glenn as always was magnificent - I think he saved the best for his last show of that leg of the tour.

FP I hope too that we will all meet up again - I feel confident that I will meet up with Soda as we have managed to do so several times since, but I hope I will see you again too.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Border Troubadour

Two years ago today I saw my first and only Eagles' show!! I'm so glad that I went even though I was very ill but I would have regretted not seeing them all together. I couldn't believe that I was actually seeing and hearing Don LIVE!! When he sang those opening words to Best of my Love I thought I would literally faint

But it's still hard to believe Glenn's gone R.I.P.
    ...Well it sure makes you wonder the things that some people will say. They can see black and white but they don't seem to notice the grey...

Treasure those memories. So glad you made it to see them before it was too late!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

I'm so glad that you got to see them too DD. I've been reminiscing about those shows this time 2 years ago too.

And guess what - as I type this Glenn has just cone on 4fm (Gareth O'Callaghan) with TOYL!! Ah......
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Border Troubadour

Thanks ladies
    ...Well it sure makes you wonder the things that some people will say. They can see black and white but they don't seem to notice the grey...

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

DD - I am also so happy for you that you were able to attend that show. Cherish the memories forever!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Two years ago today I saw my 4th and last Eagles show

Even though I missed the start of it (and missed Saturday night) due to traffic, it was just fantastic and I wished it would never end...

DD - so glad you got to see them and survived the heat of the 3arena (the boys were on fire that week )

Hopefully in a few weeks time, we'll get more great memories with our first Don concert - counting down the days now ......
    "The more I know, the less I understand...."

Don't crack up, bend your brain, see both sides, throw off your mental chains"

DD and L101, so glad you got to see them on the HOTE tour! I made the fatal mistake of thinking we always had more time, or there will be a next time, and missed out entirely. Anyway, we still have solo Don, so that's all that matters now. Enjoy the show like it's your last!
    "You thought you would be satisfied, but you never will learn to be still."