Page 6 of 77 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast

Thread: Reminiscing

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Default Re: Reminiscing

That was great Peek!! Loved looking at those again. Am I remembering correctly-wasn't this the time that Don didn't get his rose or was that a different show and someone else?
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Peek, thanks for taking me down memory lane, too! What a great show that was and it was great to meet you and Christi! Very sweet ladies you two are!

Is that your arm handing the roses up? I had roses too, but was in 6th row and had to pass them forward through the crowd and never saw them make it on stage. For some reason, at this show the first 3 rows were a continuous row with no aisles and even though I was near the middle aisle in 6th, I couldn't go closer up than behind the 3rd row.

Anyway, what a night! Last time I saw them, too! I'm feeling PEW coming on.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Jess - that was a lovely way to reminisce about your last concert. I know I enjoyed reading about it and seeing it again. Hopefully, you will have some more very fond memories to tell us all about real soon.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Quote Originally Posted by Peekaboo View Post
    I believe it was Cathy that pointed out me and Christi in the background of this next pic. LOL!! Good eye, Cathy!

Actually, I just asked if you happened to see yourself in that picture. It just made sense that you would be in it. Ticky's the one who pointed you out though. That shadow on Joe's sleeve is of your hair, right?
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Quote Originally Posted by TimothyBFan View Post
    That was great Peek!! Loved looking at those again. Am I remembering correctly-wasn't this the time that Don didn't get his rose or was that a different show and someone else?
    Yeah, it was at this show. I felt bad that he didn't get a rose. What happened was Joe saw me with the roses but he gestured and mouthed that he couldn't go to the end of the stage to get them and that security guard was not letting me pass him so I just threw them up on stage and one didn't make it.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    Peek, thanks for taking me down memory lane, too! What a great show that was and it was great to meet you and Christi! Very sweet ladies you two are!

Is that your arm handing the roses up? I had roses too, but was in 6th row and had to pass them forward through the crowd and never saw them make it on stage. For some reason, at this show the first 3 rows were a continuous row with no aisles and even though I was near the middle aisle in 6th, I couldn't go closer up than behind the 3rd row.

Anyway, what a night! Last time I saw them, too! I'm feeling PEW coming on.
    Yup, such a memorable night, Brooke. It was so wonderful to meet you too. Yeah that's my arm with the roses in that pic. I remember you telling me about your roses. I wonder what happened to them. Even a year later I'm still feeling the PEW.

Quote Originally Posted by Prettymaid View Post
    Actually, I just asked if you happened to see yourself in that picture. It just made sense that you would be in it. Ticky's the one who pointed you out though. That shadow on Joe's sleeve is of your hair, right?
    That's right, now I remember. I'm next to Joe's right arm. That's me holding my camera up to take the picture.
    ~Jess~

Stranded "on a corner in Winslow, Arizona
    Such a fine sight to see."

Aw, I loved looking at these, too. That roses series is too cute. Joe looks genuinely appreciative, and a little sorry that he couldn't come closer! Hopefully we will have an equally amazing experience in a little over a month from now.

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

Peek, the pics are fantastic! This must be a memorable evening for you (just like 'my' concert for me)! I can totally understand that you have a little PEW! I also feel it when I see those concert pictures!
    "For the record, we never broke up, we just took a 14-year vacation!"
    (Glenn Frey)

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

I was actually laying in bed this morning,waking up, and thinking about these pics (having a little of my own PEW).

It reminded me and got me thinking about all the pics of the guys I've seen lined up singing and playing etc. The moment for my concerts that still "hits" me every time I think of it is that d*mn opening note of How Long when those lights go up and you see them for the first time all lined up. Will I ever be able to hear the opening note of that song and not get a bit melancholy over that moment? I still shed a tear every once in awhile over it. Looking forward to seeing a dvd of one of these shows someday so that I can relive it over and over!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

If ol' Irving doesn't have them put out a LROOE concert DVD with all the material they'll have to work with, I'll eat my concert tshirt.
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Quote Originally Posted by Peekaboo View Post
    Yeah, it was at this show. I felt bad that he didn't get a rose. What happened was Joe saw me with the roses but he gestured and mouthed that he couldn't go to the end of the stage to get them and that security guard was not letting me pass him so I just threw them up on stage and one didn't make it.
    This makes me wonder.....who said he couldn't go to the end of the stage? Is that a "security rule" for all the guys? But then, I remember someone posting about Don coming to the edge of the stage and handing out his drumsticks to a kid, don't I?

Anyways, it doesn't really matter and I'm glad some of them got the roses, but it makes me wonder.