Page 60 of 77 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470 ... LastLast

Thread: Reminiscing

Default Re: Reminiscing

Today marks three years since the second-ever HOTE show at Summerfest in Milwaukee. I was so lucky to be there, and I'll always remember it fondly!
    ~ Tori
    https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/downloads/images/henley24.jpg

I might pop in my DVD I made from the clips I got off of Youtube. I have a lot of clips from this tour.

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

This time last year I was celebrating my birthday with Dreamer, Soda & the EAGLES in Charlottesville. SO much fun & the guys were fantastic!!! The bestest birthday!!

For some reason I thought my last show was July 14 instead of July 13. I meant to recognize the anniversary, but now I'm a day late, and for some reason, that really upsets me!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

I admit it would have probably upset me too but it is an honest mistake. It is hard to keep up with so many special dates and you have lots. The reason I remember is because it was my birthday and I was so excited and happy that the guys were playing on MY birthday. And you and Dreamer bought me birthday gifts at the merchandise stand. Plus my sweet nephew called to wish me a happy birthday and he asked what I was doing. I told him that I was in Charlottesville VA with a couple of good friends waiting to see the EAGLES play. He laughed and said "Of course you are!"

I am so thankful that I was able to take him to the HOTE concert in Orlando.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Well, Soda, don't feel bad. Yesterday was the anniversary of me seeing the Eagles at the Hilton Coliseum in Ames, Iowa in 2002, and I forgot to mention it here too!

It was the first time I'd seem them since 1976 and we got in the 3rd row by trading our 25th row tickets and some cash to a guy outside! I couldn't believe it and was on cloud 9 during the whole show! We were right in front of Timothy and it was awesome! I'll never forget it!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

I guess we would not have been so upset about missing anniversaries of shows and experiences like this normally, but after what has happened we all feel more sensitive on these occasions. Its understandable - even the silliest of things still make me feel very sad on occasion.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Baby View Post
    This time last year I was celebrating my birthday with Dreamer, Soda & the EAGLES in Charlottesville. SO much fun & the guys were fantastic!!! The bestest birthday!!
    This has been a very hectic week for me, so I haven't had time to post much of anything. However, this show has also been on my mind all week as well. It is so sad knowing this was our last Eagles show. But, reflecting on the show positively, all three of us were so happy that night and I am forever grateful that my last Eagles show was such a wonderful experience shared with true friends and fans. I'm also so glad that we did VIP that night. And, on a personal note, as it turned out, my very first and last Eagles shows were in my home state.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border

Today (August 5 my time) was the day I first saw Glenn in 1988 as a guest with Little River Band.

I'm still proud of this and I always will be. It was the first of many instances of 'Freytact' that I was to have until 2015.

This was a favourite shot because of the lighting.

Bless you, Glenn.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    Today (August 5 my time) was the day I first saw Glenn in 1988 as a guest with Little River Band.

Bless you, Glenn.
    I love this one because of the grin. Are you wondering where the last 28 years went?