Page 62 of 77 FirstFirst ... 125258596061626364656672 ... LastLast

Thread: Reminiscing

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Default Re: Reminiscing

This night 3 years ago I went to my first HOTE show in Madison Square Garden. Had an excellent seat and I really loved it. So glad now that I did it. I remember being with Dreamer, HH, her hubby Jesse, Zelda, VA, Lizzyplays and of course my partner in crime Desperada!!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Glennsallnighter View Post
    This night 3 years ago I went to my first HOTE show in Madison Square Garden. Had an excellent seat and I really loved it. So glad now that I did it. I remember being with Dreamer, HH, her hubby Jesse, Zelda, VA, Lizzyplays and of course my partner in crime Desperada!!
    yes I've been thinking of this since I woke up this morning!! the most wonderful weekend!!

It was. And one if the many lovely things that happened was that Timothy actually handed me a pick at the end of the show on the 9th of November. To crown off a wonderful weekend I arrived back in Dublin this day 3 years ago to hear that the guys were about to launch their European tour for the following summer.

And this night (just about this time) 10 years ago I decided to use the 'new' concept of googling. The very first person/thing/ phrase I googled was Glenn Frey. It led me to the glennfreyonline site. From there as well as being able to access music, videos, pictures and other facts about him, it also led me to the Border, and all the wonderful friendships and experiences I have had since. It's been an amazing journey over the past 10 years......and it's not over yet.
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Stuck on the Border Jonny Come Lately's Avatar
    Watching the hazy sun sinking in the sea in England

I was reminiscing about going to see Don this summer today by listening to the full Hotel California album, in part to celebrate HC's 40th anniversary but when I was listening to the title track, LITFL and The Last Resort I was reminded of what a fantastic night I had. I was thrilled when I discovered he'd included the latter in the setlist and judging by the standing ovation the performance got from the crowd I wasn't alone in thinking that. To think the alternative would have been watching England get beaten by Iceland... no thanks!

It is a regret of mine that I didn't get to see the band on the HOTE tour (especially with Bernie back in the fold and the set list they had with songs like Doolin-Dalton), and I felt that way even when Glenn was still with us, but I did have a great concert experience at Don's show and I will always have that. Thanks Don!

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Well - It wasn't a concert, but I've been reminiscing all day because it was 10 years ago today that I met Glenn at Pebble Beach for the first time. It remains one of the most exciting and thrilling days I can remember as an Eagles fan and I've been lucky to have had quite a few.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

I've been thinking of this all week. You can bet on the 10 year anniversary of our big day - Feb. 10 - I'm going to have a screwdriver or two!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

I have read your Pebble Beach threads many times, Soda; and it has always brought a big smile to my face! The firsthand reports make me feel like I was there. I especially like how they shed light on Glenn as a person. It's so great that y'all got to spend that time with him.
    "Be part of something good--
    Leave something good behind."

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    I've been thinking of this all week. You can bet on the 10 year anniversary of our big day - Feb. 10 - I'm going to have a screwdriver or two!
    You deserve it! I think I will have a TS or a screwdriver too at the Ultimate Eagles on Saturday night.

Just about this time 10 years ago I was registering on this message board and became a member - such a lot has happened since then but I KNOW I have met a fabulous bunch of people both as internet friends and I have even managed to meet quite a number of Borderers in the flesh, from as far away as the United States, South Africa and even Australia!!
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

What special memories for you all. Thank you for sharing.

Ten years ago today... hard to believe. Having a screwdriver right now, in fact.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten