Page 64 of 77 FirstFirst ... 145460616263646566676874 ... LastLast

Thread: Reminiscing

Default Re: Reminiscing

What lovely memories to have GA. Did Glenn and Scott personally give you those items? Wow

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Yes.

Ok this is what happened

So by LITFL the whole arena was on fire, tho I was thinking a bit like 'can't believe I won't see this again till September'. But it didn't take away from my enjoyment! After the song ended the guys were walking on the stage thanking people, nodding etc. Lots of people were calling out the guys names, or names of songs they wanted to hear. And then it happened. Glenn was just in front of us to go to the exit. I caught his eye and just called up Thank YOU' to him. He looked at me, smiled, nodded and said 'thank you' back, then he was gone. I looked at Desperada just to confirm with her that it had happened. She said yes. Then a security guy tapped me and handed me SCOTT CRAGOS DRUMSTICKS. I have NO idea why he chose to give them to me, but he did! Obviously I was on a high and being congratulated by people around me. The guys came out to do HC, and I made eye contact with Scott and mouthed up 'thank you' and started drumming off my knees. He laughed, gave me the thumbs up and I reciprocated.
    Then during HC we were once again completely blown away - the 'main' security guy who I have seen at all the UK IRL shows came up to us and handed both myself and Desperada a small packet. 'Glenn Frey sent these over to you ladies'

He had sent us each over a little packet with five guitar picks in it, one from each of the lads with Eagles 2014 on the other side of each pick.

After the encores were over and the lads were once again preparing to leave the stage I managed to wave the packet at Glenn and mouth thanks to him. He was standing with Don right above us and Din pointed to the drumsticks and smiled at me. I smiled back at him, then blew them each a kiss, making them laugh before they exited the stage.

That's my last show on the European leg, and it just could not have been better.
    Definitely ended on the highest note possible.
    Last edited by Glennsallnighter; 06-26-2017 at 06:13 PM.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Stuck on the Border

GA - Wow - what beautiful memories ! You were so lucky to have those memories to cherish forever. So cool that Scott and Glenn gave you the drum sticks and guitar picks. Thank You for sharing them with us.

Thanks, GA, for sharing your beautiful and bittersweet memories with us. Of course , Glenn and the guys made US happy. But your story shows that thoughtful fans such as yourself brought them joy as well. How sweet to know that Glenn was watching for you, waving, and taking the time to send you a memento! Just knowing that you made him smile is a precious thing to cherish.
    I would encourage all boarders to share their personal stories. For people such as myself who never got to see any of them, they are thrilling to read. I'm so glad that you have all those wonderful experiences to look back on.
    "Be part of something good--
    Leave something good behind."

A year ago today, Soda and I saw Joe in Memphis. This was my firs time seeing Joe and also my first time seeing an Eagle in concert. Don would followed 5 months later.

It was so fun to hang out with Soda and us seeing Memphis. Thanks for letting me hang and stay with you. I need to come up there and visit you again.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Such a lovely time, shun! A happy memory for today.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

10 years ago today, Dreamer, PLS, and I got to spend a couple of hours in Glenn Frey's hotel suite with his daughter Taylor and Tommy Nixon, just talking. It was one of the best nights of my life. If you want to read the whole story in excruciating detail, go here: https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/...d.php?p=321952

It's hard to believe it's been 10 years. I got emotional today on the way to work, listening to the CD he gave us that night and remembering. I had to turn it off so I wouldn't be a mess when I taught my 8:00 class.

I just want to say that I will always remember Glenn Frey as not just a talented man who changed the world with his music, but a man with a big heart whose kindness went far beyond anything he was given credit for.

I shall not look upon his like again.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Soda, such and amazing and cool evening for you three!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border

Soda - I loved reading that when I first saw it. Gosh, you guys were so lucky. What wonderful memories to cherish always. Oh how I would have loved to have met Glenn. I am so happy you all were able to do so. Not many fans can say they met and spend time with Glenn Frey. Like Brooke said, I am but happy you had that wonderful experience and were able to share it with us all.

Soda, I read your account of the evening a few months ago and I couldn't believe it. You three were so lucky to have spent so much time with him. (That's putting it mildly; I feel like there aren't strong enough words in the english language). I am beyond jealous!