Page 65 of 77 FirstFirst ... 155561626364656667686975 ... LastLast

Thread: Reminiscing

Default Re: Reminiscing

Soda, when I first read your encounter with Glenn I could not believe it. It is just so cool that you three got to meet and talk with him in that way! I have to agree with everyone else and say I am of you all. Those are precious memories for you to treasure forever.

Thank you so much for sharing that encounter with us so that we can all can see what a nice and generous guy Glenn really was and get to see him in a different light instead of the limelight that most fans see.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

I was thinking of you all and your visit with Glenn today as well. It was so wonderful to have that experience and I know you all know how lucky you were to have been able to meet him like that. Glenn Frey
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Soda, your Pebble Beach and Niagra Falls stories make my heart smile! And I think it is important that you archive them here so people can know Glenn better for the kind person that he was and how he appreciated real fans. I'm so glad that you got to spend that special time with him.
    "Be part of something good--
    Leave something good behind."

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    10 years ago today, Dreamer, PLS, and I got to spend a couple of hours in Glenn Frey's hotel suite with his daughter Taylor and Tommy Nixon, just talking. It was one of the best nights of my life. If you want to read the whole story in excruciating detail, go here: https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/...d.php?p=321952

It's hard to believe it's been 10 years. I got emotional today on the way to work, listening to the CD he gave us that night and remembering. I had to turn it off so I wouldn't be a mess when I taught my 8:00 class.

I just want to say that I will always remember Glenn Frey as not just a talented man who changed the world with his music, but a man with a big heart whose kindness went far beyond anything he was given credit for.

I shall not look upon his like again.
    Wonderful, wonderful account of an amazing evening. I cannot imagine what it was like to answer the phone and hear "this is Glenn Frey." Then all the rest of it. Wow. Thank you for sharing.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

10 years ago today, Dreamer, PLS, and I got to spend a couple of hours in Glenn Frey's hotel suite with his daughter Taylor and Tommy Nixon, just talking. It was one of the best nights of my life. If you want to read the whole story in excruciating detail, go here: https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/...d.php?p=321952

It's hard to believe it's been 10 years. I got emotional today on the way to work, listening to the CD he gave us that night and remembering. I had to turn it off so I wouldn't be a mess when I taught my 8:00 class.

I just want to say that I will always remember Glenn Frey as not just a talented man who changed the world with his music, but a man with a big heart whose kindness went far beyond anything he was given credit for.

I shall not look upon his like again.
    Somehow I missed this when it was first posted. Wow is all I can say.

The more I read about the man the more it's hard for me to believe he was as evil as some made him out to be or even as I originally had thought. It's easy to be blindsided by the bad stuff.

How awesome you got to have that experience with Dreamer and PLS.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Four years ago today I saw them for the last time on the History Tour in St. Louis. It was a fantastic show and little did I know it would be my last time to see Glenn.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    Four years ago today I saw them for the last time on the History Tour in St. Louis. It was a fantastic show and little did I know it would be my last time to see Glenn.
    Wow, on one hand I'm so glad you were there Brooke, on the other, it is hard to look back realizing it would be the last time you'd see Glenn. Thanks for posting.

Glenn Frey

Where can I find the pebble beach story?

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    That was such a fantastic tour. They went out on top.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungEaglesFan
    Where can I find the pebble beach story?
    Do a search in the Glenn Frey forum. There are several Pebble Beach threads. 2006, 2007, and 2008 were the years of note (especially 2007).

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

That was such a fantastic tour. They went out on top.

Do a search in the Glenn Frey forum. There are several Pebble Beach threads. 2006, 2007, and 2008 were the years of note (especially 2007).
    Ok, thanks!