Page 66 of 77 FirstFirst ... 165662636465666768697076 ... LastLast

Thread: Reminiscing

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Reminiscing

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    Four years ago today I saw them for the last time on the History Tour in St. Louis. It was a fantastic show and little did I know it would be my last time to see Glenn.
    Wow, can't believe it has been four years already. Brooke, so glad you were able to go and so sad to think that tour would be the last we would have Glenn with the band.

Soda - I love those Pebble Beach stories !

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    Four years ago today I saw them for the last time on the History Tour in St. Louis. It was a fantastic show and little did I know it would be my last time to see Glenn.
    And how cool to meet you and Molly (Sheryl)! Great memory. That was my last Eagles show and I can say it was one of the best nights of my life. It definitely topped my LROOE tour experience which wasn't great to no fault of the band, I just had crappy seats and I was in a lot of pain that night and it kinda ruined it. Though I must say, ditching the funeral suits was a wise choice for HOTE tour lol.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Stuck on the Border

WF - So glad they ditched those funeral suits too - lol ! JMHO, but I'm a jeans and t-shirt with a flannel shirt or button down shirt over the t-shirt kind of person.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    And how cool to meet you and Molly (Sheryl)! Great memory. That was my last Eagles show and I can say it was one of the best nights of my life. It definitely topped my LROOE tour experience which wasn't great to no fault of the band, I just had crappy seats and I was in a lot of pain that night and it kinda ruined it. Though I must say, ditching the funeral suits was a wise choice for HOTE tour lol.
    Yes, Austin! So glad to meet you and Sheryl! Made the night even more wonderful!

I'm glad about the suits too!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by New Kid In Town View Post
    WF - So glad they ditched those funeral suits too - lol ! JMHO, but I'm a jeans and t-shirt with a flannel shirt or button down shirt over the t-shirt kind of person.
    Yep me too.

I'm going to see the Eagles, a rock n' roll band. I'm not going to a executive business meeting nor am I going to pay respects to the dead. I'm going to rock out, party, and have fun and I want the band to do so as well. I wish I could have seen the Eagles back when they were a little more carefree and IMO as they got older, of course that went away but it also got a little too stuffy for me at times.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Stuck on the Border

I had missed Soda's hotel suite story too. I read it last night as a bedtime story. "This is Glenn Frey". It does sound like a dream. It was a great read!

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Quote Originally Posted by chaim View Post
    I had missed Soda's hotel suite story too. I read it last night as a bedtime story. "This is Glenn Frey". It does sound like a dream. It was a great read!
    I can't even imagine getting that call! Wonderful story!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Wow, Soda! What an amazing, mind-blowing story! Like groupie, I am totally BEYOND jealous. Thank you so much for sharing it! I'm seriously afraid that, had my cell gone off and I heard, "This is Glenn Frey" on the other end, I'd have passed out in the floor for my hubs to scrape up! LOLOLOL.

Such a sweet, wonderful guy. I'm so sorry I never got a chance to see him or the Eagles play. But I'm really glad so many people have such good memories of him as a person, because those are the ones that really matter.

Thanks Soda for the story! That just goes to show you what kind of person Glenn was. He had a heart of gold. I love hearing stories about how nice and kind Glenn was to others. Makes me love him even more.

Yeah, I'll never forget it. It does sound like a dream - it sounds like something you fantasize about happening but know is ridiculous. I wonder if he ever even came close to realizing how much that night meant to us.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten