Page 67 of 77 FirstFirst ... 1757636465666768697071 ... LastLast

Thread: Reminiscing

Default Re: Reminiscing

I know i won't get a care about this memory since its nothing special to some, but its special to me like seeing Joe for the first time and only one person commented on that.

Two years ago today, I drove to Don's hometown of Linden on my way to Missouri. I wouldn't return to Linden until this past January as I was heading to see Don for the first time in Texas. My pictures from 2 years ago are in the thread.
    Last edited by shunlvswx; 10-28-2017 at 02:10 PM.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Shun, don't fixate on how many comments you get. It seems like Facebook and social media have trained us to rate our memories based on how many people hit "like" or say they think what we post is cool. Our memories don't need validation. What makes our memories meaningful is what they make US feel.

That being said, visiting Linden is indeed special for a Don fan. I'm so glad you got to go!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Thanks. I guess I'm used to everybody commenting on their last concert or meeting. I had thought since it was Don and nobody really cares about him, I didn't think nobody would care about my memory because of that.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Border Rebel

Many of us still care about Don, Shun. I always enjoy reading your posts. In fact, I read many of them while I was still a lurker around here, including your trip to Linden. It is a nice memory to have!

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Shun, don't fixate on how many comments you get. It seems like Facebook and social media have trained us to rate our memories based on how many people hit "like" or say they think what we post is cool. Our memories don't need validation. What makes our memories meaningful is what they make US feel.
    That being said, visiting Linden is indeed special for a Don fan. I'm so glad you got to go!
    Shun - I agree with Soda ! I think it is so cool that you were able to go to Linden and and see Don's home town.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
    Thanks. I guess I'm used to everybody commenting on their last concert or meeting. I had thought since it was Don and nobody really cares about him, I didn't think nobody would care about my memory because of that.
    That isn't true. You should not assume that some people's objections to his current activities mean that those people don't care about him. They are disappointed in him. They feel let down by him.

Feel free to post whatever you want. The people who are in favour of the current situation will be supportive of you.

Stuck on the Border

Indeed. Don Henley and the current band are two separate things. I wouldn't go see the band as it is now, but I would visit Linden in a heartbeat if it there was an an opportunity. Good for you!

I've been to Linden a few times now. Even managed to scrape up my daddy's truck at the Exxon station. Definitely worth a look if you're within driving distance!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    That isn't true. You should not assume that some people's objections to his current activities mean that those people don't care about him. They are disappointed in him. They feel let down by him.

Feel free to post whatever you want. The people who are in favour of the current situation will be supportive of you.
    Not that it’s inherently an issue but this app has more support for Glenn than Don. From what I’ve seen there are more devoted Glenn fans than Don fans.

If the memory is important to you Shun, then that's all that matters. It was something that brought you happiness. I've never been to Linden but I'm sure you had a wonderful time visiting it.