Page 68 of 77 FirstFirst ... 1858646566676869707172 ... LastLast

Thread: Reminiscing

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Default Re: Reminiscing

Shun I really enjoyed your post about visiting Linden and I'm also still a Don fan. If I ever got near there, I would sure go!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Shun, I liked your post about visiting Linden, Soda's as well. I used both of them to plan my own visit to Linden last summer. I would not mind going back to see it again as well as Caddo Lake. If anyone is planning on going again let me know, it would be great to go with another fan!

It was brought up elsewhere that on this date 10 years ago, the Eagles played "How Long" at the CMAs.

I actually went to this with Dreamer and DonFan. It was a relatively last minute decision, but we found some tickets that were good enough for us for a reasonable price and we thought it would be so freaking cool to hear them play a song off LROOE for the first time. I drove down from West Lafayette, IN; Dreamer came in from Virginia; DonFan came up from Birmingham.

And it WAS freaking cool! The reason the tickets were affordable was because we were so close to the stage on the side that the view was obstructed - but lucky for us, we were high enough (pretty much in the rafters) that we could see over the stage wall into the area backstage, and we were on the side where the Eagles were going to come out... so who cares if my view of the other side was obstructed? I got to see EXTRA Eagles, standing behind the stage wall, before they even came out!

Wonderful times.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Wow, talk about a lucky break ... love this Soda, glad you guys could all go and had such a great time!!

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016

Border Rebel

Sounds awesome Soda. Lucky you! I guess I didn't realize that they put tickets up for sale to the general public for these types of shows. What a great memory to have.

Quote Originally Posted by My My View Post
    Sounds awesome Soda. Lucky you! I guess I didn't realize that they put tickets up for sale to the general public for these types of shows. What a great memory to have.
    Well, you can't buy tickets on the floor (I don't think) and probably a lot of the better tickets are for people who work in the industry, but up in the rafters - there's no VIPs up there, lol. Power to the people!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

A year ago today. At this moment, I was sitting in the Moody Theater seeing Don in concert for the first time.

I was also in awe being at an historical building that Austin City Limits was taped. I grew up watching that show and it was soo cool to be in that building. Taking picture with a stoned statue of Willie Nelson outside the building, bumping into Scott Crago and Michael Thompson right outside the theater (that was a "in the right place at the right time moment). It was a great weekend. I also enjoyed visiting Don's hometown again and taking new pictures at places I missed the first time. I didn't want to go home after the Houston show.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

What wonderful memories shun! And what luck bumping into Scott & Michael!

It was pure luck. This what happened. It was about 6 of us and we decided let's get some drinks. Of course I wasn't going to drink because I don't drink. We went to the hotel right next door to the theater. We ended up not going to the bar. I can't remembered the reason. It was either full, they were having a private party or we had to have a reservation. I can't remembered. It was one of those reasons. It was probably the private party one.

So as we were heading out of the hotel, we bumped into Scott and Michael. They were staying at that hotel. Probably all of Don's band and probably Don too were staying at that hotel. I forgot the name of the hotel, but it looked expensive.

Scott and Michael talked to us maybe 10 to 15 minutes. I didn't get to talk to Michael, but I talked more with Scott. He introduce himself to each and every one of us. We told him our names. He was such a nice man. He is soo good looking in person. Michael didn't look tall in person. Scott kinda did.

I think they were just leaving the theater and heading back to their room. We joked about Scott's sandwich. That's all he had and he wasn't going to order room service that night. He was just going to eat his plain sandwich. No chips. No pickle. We still laugh about that today as we remembered that concert.

I'm glad I decided to go to Texas and see Don twice. I also saw my best friend who lived in Houston even though it was brief. She wasn't suppose to be in town that weekend, but her husband got sick a few days before she was going out of town for a conference and she stayed home. I'm glad I got to see her because that was one of the reasons I went to Houston. To see her and Don. Kill two birds with one stone. The reason why I went ahead and got a ticket for Austin was because she wasn't going to be home and I had to change everything around except for my trip to Linden. I was going to go to Linden that Friday, spend the night there and head out to Houston the next day, but I went to Austin instead that Saturday.
    Last edited by shunlvswx; 01-15-2018 at 05:45 PM.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

Sometimes things just work out perfectly, don't they? And your trip sounds like it did.