Page 74 of 77 FirstFirst ... 24647071727374757677 LastLast

Thread: Reminiscing

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Default Re: Reminiscing

I absolutely loved the HOTE tour, too - the best shows I've ever seen. The only thing that could have made it better is if Randy and Felder could have been a part of it. But, that was not to be. However, I'm sure those of us that were fortunate enough to get to see one or more of these shows will be forever grateful.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border

It's exactly six years since I saw Eagles for the first time live. Although I did manage a second show the following summer, the first was the magic one. It was only 40 years since I first wanted to see them. And yes, it was Glenn's 65th birthday.

3 years ago today, I drove to Texas to see Don in concert for the first time in Austin and Sugarland(Houston), TX. I also visit his hometown while I was in Texas. I also met (or in this case bumped) Scott Crago and Michael Thompson after the show.

It was a great show and a great 4 day weekend.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

I know that was a fun weekend, shun. I still plan on hopping back to Linden again one of these days and checking out that gas station display you found!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Our Glenn commemoration was this time 3 years ago. Hard to believe its that long since Soda, Dreamer, HB, Brooke and I did our Eagles/Glenn commemoration in LA.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Border Rebel

Quote Originally Posted by Glennsallnighter View Post
    Our Glenn commemoration was this time 3 years ago. Hard to believe its that long since Soda, Dreamer, HB, Brooke and I did our Eagles/Glenn commemoration in LA.
    That sounds like a bittersweet trip, GA. It's great that you got to do it surrounded by friends. I'm sure it made things much easier.

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    I know that was a fun weekend, shun. I still plan on hopping back to Linden again one of these days and checking out that gas station display you found!
    I'm thinking about going to Linden (Caddo Lake) in February. I'm on vacation for 2 weeks and I'm going on a cruise, heading to Florida to see a friend of mines and Atlanta. So I might swing over to Linden again. I really want to see Caddo Lake.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Glennsallnighter View Post
    For a short trip, we sure did pack a lot of sightseeing into it and made some great memories. Laurel Canyon, Laurel Canyon Country Store, Echo Park, Joshua Tree National Park, Dana Tana's, the Troubadour, meeting Jack Tempchin, etc. etc. Very special memories......

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Baby View Post
    For a short trip, we sure did pack a lot of sightseeing into it and made some great memories. Laurel Canyon, Laurel Canyon Country Store, Echo Park, Joshua Tree National Park, Dana Tana's, the Troubadour, meeting Jack Tempchin, etc. etc. Very special memories......
    I was just about to come here and mention this! Cannot believe it's been 3 years now! What a great time we had, although bittersweet too. Hugs to all of you!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Very cool memories, shun. I hope to get to Linden one day, but, it has always been too far out of the way whenever I went to Texas.

And GA - thanks for the reminder about our Glenn pilgrimage in L.A. And, yes, it was bittersweet - it was very sad at times, but in the end, it also helped the healing. I'm very grateful to have been able to share this trip with some of my wonderful Eagles friends. Maybe we'll be able to do another trip someday.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016