Page 75 of 77 FirstFirst ... 256571727374757677 LastLast

Thread: Reminiscing

Default Re: Reminiscing

Quote Originally Posted by edwardd19 View Post
    This thread is for telling about past concert or Eagles-related experiences. If you want to share a particular video, there's a thread for that.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Just this time 11 years ago the LROOE tour came to Ireland and I was lucky enough to get to both the Belfast and Dublin shows. So I was looking back over my reviews of both shows this evening. It was bittersweet, They were wonderful shows, and I met wonderful people at them as well as later shows, but so much has happened in the intervening years that makes me sad. looking back those days seemed so uncomplicated! I'm grateful for the friends I have made as a result of loving this band. That is now probably the best thing.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Ah, but such days to treasure, GA!!

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Yep GA - I agree. Although there are times that are bittersweet when I reminisce about past Eagles shows, fortunately I am able to look back at most of them with gratitude and joy. I feel so lucky that I was able to experience so many shows with many wonderful people, but, I also feel sadness knowing that those days are over for me. But, that doesn't mean the memories and friendships are over.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

4 years ago today, Soda and I drove up to Memphis to see Joe in concert. I can't believe it’s been 4 years.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Very cool experience, shun. It's always special when you get to share Eagles experiences with another Borderer.

And speaking of that, I can't let this day pass without acknowledging my most special Eagles experience ever (and trust me, I've been fortunate enough to have had many special experiences with my Eagles friends). But, the most memorable ever was the night of Thursday, 8/16/07 when Soda, PLS, and I got to hang out with Glenn, his daughter, and Tommy Nixon after a solo show in Niagara Falls. The memories of that trip are almost as vivid now as they were 13 years ago. It's so hard to believe that Glenn and Tommy are both gone now.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

An unforgettable evening, to say the least!

One of the greatest nights of my entire life.

I miss Glenn.

What a beautiful memory to cherish. Truly an amazing thing to do for some dedicated fans...I'm glad you shared your experience with us.
    "Be part of something good--
    Leave something good behind."

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    Very cool experience, shun. It's always special when you get to share Eagles experiences with another Borderer.

And speaking of that, I can't let this day pass without acknowledging my most special Eagles experience ever (and trust me, I've been fortunate enough to have had many special experiences with my Eagles friends). But, the most memorable ever was the night of Thursday, 8/16/07 when Soda, PLS, and I got to hang out with Glenn, his daughter, and Tommy Nixon after a solo show in Niagara Falls. The memories of that trip are almost as vivid now as they were 13 years ago. It's so hard to believe that Glenn and Tommy are both gone now.
    I can't even imagine! I'd have died, probably in the room if I made it that far!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten