Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Eagles Nominated for 2009 CMA

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Eagles Nominated for 2009 CMA

If the Eagles didn't take this one home for LROOE before, they probably have little chance of doing it this year.

If they really want to showcase they're vocals, NMWITW would be wonderful, maybe leading into a "countrified" classic like Tequila Sunrise or TIE. Remember, country artists have been covering the Eagles for years.

No need to watch, I'm sure the winners will be Rascal Flatts, Taylor Swift, Taylor Swift, Taylor Swift, Rascall Flatts and throw in King George Straight for good measure to keep the older fans happy.

Hmm, I hadn't thought about melding NMWITW with something older and more known. Interesting idea!

I think your predictions will be dead-on.

Since the Eagles can be fairly certain they aren't going to win, I guess it just becomes "Will the benefits of playing the nationally-broadcast CMAs be great enough to justify the bother?"

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Congratulations to our guys for getting a nomination, but I agree with you all that the judges will go for their usual bands.

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...

Stuck on the Border AzEaglesFan's Avatar

I haven't seen a line up of performers yet. Since the guys are taking five and resting up I wonder if they will even attend let alone perform?

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

My guess is if they were to attend, then they would perform. However, I'm with those of you who think that it is very doubtful that they will attend.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Border Desperado AmarilloByMorning's Avatar

I had a dream prior to last year's awards - they were nominated for Album of the Year (cannot recall whether they were IRL; wasn't LROE the year before?). Anyway, in Dreamland they all appeared onstage for Album of the Year and instead of accepting the reward Glenn said, "We wish you would get our genre right." Don hopped in, "We're in the rock and roll hall of fame; have you heard?" They both stormed off. Tim shrugged and unleashed his best sheepish what-can-you-do, I'm-sorry-on-their-behalf look at the crowd, and then Joe waved his arms out like Nixon flashing dual peace signs and Spamalot-style confetti exploded onto everyone.

That evening my personal favorite King Strait won for Troubadour so I truly enjoyed the Best of Both Worlds.

The nominees are really peculiar... it's like a clique, the same batch every year. Although I have this persistent daydream that George Strait turns 60 and then wins Entertainer of the Year again. He has too much class to stick out his tongue but that'd really be icing on the cake.
    Last edited by AmarilloByMorning; 09-18-2009 at 03:02 PM.