Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Eagles Nominated for 2009 CMA

Default Re: Eagles Nominated for 2009 CMA

Quote Originally Posted by Prettymaid View Post
    You would think that Rascal Flatts would graciously decline the nomination these days. Can't they do that? How many times have they won?

Why would they do that? They're very talented, and very popular

Well, Oprah is very popular too, but at some point years ago she graciously took herself out of the running to be nominated for an emmy. She realized that she had won enough and bowed out to give some others a chance. I don't think it's uncommon, or is it?
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

I think it is a bit uncommon, although very nice of Oprah. I know I can't think of another instance.

Rascal Flatts are younger and I don't think such things even occur to them! lol

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Great news that the guys have been nominated...I'll watch the awards show just to see them perform (hopefully!)

If they do, any guesses on what they'll play? I guessed correctly (BBF) at the last awards ceremony, knowing they'd played HL the year before, and that they needed to play something "a little country" and that it would probably be from LROE.

I'm not sure about this year though...one of the classic songs would be great.

Lynn

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Funny that you should mention that Lynn. Soda and I were discussing that just last night - if you want a classic, they could always do Take It Easy.

You know I'm not a big country music fan either, but I really did enjoy the show the year I saw it live (maybe cause it was the first time I saw our guys perform How Long). Watching it on TV last year though was really disappointing for me. It was almost as if it were a rerun of the previous year because virtually every single award went to the same artist or group. I really do think they should find a way to mix it up a bit. If it takes artists removing their names from contention, then I'd say good on them. JMHO

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    Funny that you should mention that Lynn. Soda and I were discussing that just last night - if you want a classic, they could always do Take It Easy.
    Good pick...I would love to see them do Ol' 55, which probably isn't considered a classic of theirs (I heard it for the first time a couple of months ago on our classic rock station and couldn't get out of my head), but has a great country feel.

Soda, Dreamer and I really did have a fantastic time watching them perform "How Long" at the awards show in Nashville the year we all attended.
    I am thrilled the guys have been nominated again and would love to see them perform at the show, but I doubt they will come back again. It would be wonderful if they won, though!

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Take It Easy would be fantastic, but I'd guess them to perform a song from LROOE, although, they haven't released any more singles from it, have they?

I really doubt they attend as a band.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by lynnzop View Post
    I would love to see them do Ol' 55
    Oh my gosh, I wish! I love that song! But sadly a long shot.

I'm not sure what to expect. On the one hand, they don't have a single to promote, so maybe they wouldn't want to bother. They've never been big on performing at awards shows, especially since the sound mix in the venue and hence the broadcast is usually pretty lousy. Additionally, it's highly unlikely they'll win.

On the other hand, they're not doing anything right now, and they're up for a big award. Keeping in the public eye wouldn't hurt - especially since they have been courting the country market since the release of LROOE.

If they do show up, I think they'll probably pull out their signature country-rock tune Take It Easy. Everybody loves it, it'll get the place going, and they won't need more than a run through the day of to check sound at the venue.

I don't think they'd do a LROOE song because out of those they perform regularly and haven't already done at the CMAs - Guilty of the Crime, No More Walks in the Woods, Waiting in the Weeds, No More Cloudy Days, Long Road Out of Eden, Somebody, and I Don't Want to Hear Any More - only IDWTHAM has a country tinge to it. Still, I don't think it's the kind of song they'd feature at a venue like this... although stranger things have happened. I doubt they'd pull a new song out of the box for this one that they haven't performed live before, but if they did, it would probably What Do I Do with My Heart since I hear that's been released to radio if not a single per se. The only down side to that song is it's a bit slow for these kind of events where people want to see the Eagles country-rockin' out.

So, to sum up all of that... I doubt they will be there, but if they are, they'll probably do Take It Easy. Heck, if they're there at all, I'll be so excited I won't care what they play!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Re: IDWTHAM....Not to diss any of the Tim fans, but I can't see them performing anything that doesn't feature Glenn or Don as lead for the song at a major awards ceremony.

And while I'd LOVE to hear any of those songs out of LROE, they either a) aren't country enough, or b) don't fall into the 3:05 mold