Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Congratulations to Sodascouts on 10,000 posts!!!

Default Congratulations to Sodascouts on 10,000 posts!!!

Soda, though maybe not as self-rewarding as a dissertation, your posts have brought information, insight, caring and happiness to all who have read them. As we celebrate this milestone with you, know that there are not enough thanks, not enough hugs, not enough posts in the world that can let you know how much your dedication to this board and the sites that surround it have meant to all of us. We love you!

Does anyone have a favorite Soda post or story? Let the fun begin!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Default Re: Congratulations to Sodascouts on 10,000 posts!!!

I always enjoy reading one of her dreams about the guys

WOW, SODA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations

Portland, Oregon (the only rain forest in the Northern Hemisphere)

OHHHH mymymy.. the BIG 10K!!! lets compare, shall we?

IF your posts were FENCE posts, they would reach from the base of Mount McKinley to the top and back TWICE....

IF your posts were pages in a book they would equal (in length, not content, although I do find your posts often more entertaining and informative and understandable then theirs) the complete works of Issac Azmov AND James A Mitchner, or Nancy Drew and The Hardy Boys, which ever you prefer.

IF your posts were pounds of tomatoes (give me a break, I have tomatoes on my brain) they'd make 9070 14 oz bottles of katchup.

IF your posts were Big Macs it would take 3 and 1/2 days to sell them all in the USA.

IF your posts were condoms it would take 8 hours to sell in the USA

(Okay, in OBVIOUS response to the last two posts, keeping in mind condoms are usually sold in boxes of 12 or more ~ dont ask~ and Big Macs are usually sold one at a time per individual, STILL a man might be able to eat 3 big macs a week, doubtfully he'll be using 3 condoms a week, especially IF he's eating 3 big macs a week.)

Now, in all seriousness (dont laugh, I can be serious) no matter if they're short notes, or long rambling tangents, all of your posts have always been informative, entertaining and fun. Thanks so much for all your hard work. Between balancing your demanding work, your personal family life and friends and this board, someday, if I ever choose to grow up, I hope Im as eloquent, gracious and dedicated as you. Thanks again.

Woo hoo!!!! Congrats Soda on 10,000 posts. And like PM I want to thank you for your creation of and dedication to the website and the board. This place gives us all a chance to make new friends and to share our love of the Eagles without being subjected to the eye rolling and talk of unhealthy obsession and padded rooms we may otherwise encounter from those who just do not understand!

And truly, 10,000 posts is an amazing feat. I am about to hit a whopping 200 so I can't imagine EVER getting even close to that... you rock!!!
    Last edited by Wildthyme; 09-12-2009 at 09:47 PM.

Yes, many congratulations, Nancy 10,000 posts is quite incredible!

As PM said, words can't express how grateful we are for your hard work on the EOC sites. This community is my favourite place on the net, and the fact that some 'Borderers' have become 'real' friends, is fantastic. I'd never have seen Don in his solo shows if it wasn't for this site - that's the kind of impact your time and effort has had on my life! Seriously. I'm not overstating this. Thank you.

You're incredibly witty, warm and intelligent and I love reading your posts, as well as our nights in chat - they're always such a blast. I am confident we'll meet one day in the not-too-distant future... and I can't wait! I'm sure lots of favourite Soda posts (and a few dreams!) will be coming up - I'll have to have a search at a more decent hour But, for now, know how much we all appreciate you here. You rock.

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

If this isn't my favorite Soda post, then it's right up there! It's from the Glenn Frey forum,
    Glenn's doing Pebble Beach thread and it's dated 2-09-07.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------

HOLY CRAP!!! HOLY CRAP!!!! HOLY FRICKIN’ CRAP!!!!!

We’ll get back to that later. We’ll do this in chronological order.

For now, just the highlights… and we have some pretty HIGH lights, folks.

The first thing we should note is that my and PLS’ fears that Glenn would be freaked, annoyed, or downright scared to see us again were quickly put to rest. As PLS, dreamer, and I approached, he actually waved and smiled before teeing off (I smiled sheepishly, somewhat embarrassed, but PLS and dreamer smiled and waved back). As soon as he’d teed off, he came down and talked to us. We’ll go into what he said later.

As the day progressed, he often smiled and looked our way, once walked with us down the fairway chit-chatting, gave us all picks, occasionally would direct comments our way, and signed dreamer’s Strange Weather CD.

Then, on the 18th hole, it happened. He came over to talk to us one last time. We chatted about this and that (I asked him about golf, PLS talked to him about surgeries and kids – more later). He hadn’t been playing his best (although he held his own and made a comeback after starting slowly). The day was cloudy. The game of his partner, Stadler, was kind of sucking all day, hate to say it. He talked about how tomorrow would be better… and then, by way of parting…

HE KISSED ALL THREE OF US ON OUR CHEEKS.

Can you say HOLY CRAP! HOLY FREAKIN’ CRAP!

Now, before anyone gets the wrong idea, he was just being sweet. In fact immediately afterwards, he talked about how happy he was in life and mentioned he had a great wife.

So… that’s all for now folks. More details later!
    Last edited by Prettymaid; 09-13-2009 at 11:07 AM.
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Oh my gosh, guys! I am so touched, I seriously have tears in my eyes. I checked and my 10,000th post was in Frey Fever, so I just deleted the two quick administrative posts I shot off so I could hold onto that glory! Hard to believe, but I actually didn't notice I had hit 10,000 tonight until I saw this thread!

I have been feeling down lately and this just made my heart swell! I can't think you enough for these kinds words!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Congratulations on your 10,000th post, Nancy. You have certainly had some entertaining posts over the last few years, that's for sure. I join everyone in thanking you from the bottom of my heart for all you have done and continue to do to make this community and all of the EOC sites thrive. We have sure come a long way primarily due to your hard work, dedication, and enthusiasm. Thank you, thank you, a thousand times thank you!!! We do indeed love you!

Now, I have several favorite posts, and I have to admit that I am somewhat biased about some of them. The one PM posted is one of my favorites, and this one from Glenn's show in Niagara Falls ranks right up near the top as well. I'm not posting the entire post, just the ending ...

Quote Originally Posted by Sodascouts
    Well, while it may be out of sequence, I’ve been saving our most personally exciting news for last. So here’s the kicker, folks. Glenn had seen us… and…

HE DEDICATED I LOVE TO WATCH A WOMAN DANCE TO US BY NAME.

Exact words: “I’d like to dedicate this song to some friends of mine – Lissa from California, Nancy from Indiana, and Kay from Virginia. They drove all the way out here to watch the old man sing.” Needless to say we were FREAKING. Oh my gosh, he is so cool!!!!!! Can I get a HOLY FRICKIN’ CRAP here? I think so! This is a man who obviously cares about his fans. What a guy! I admire and respect him so much (gush, gush, gush).

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Pretty Awesome Soda. 10K. I've see on other forums, folks with 10K or more posts, but they are the ones who totally dominate the forums they are on.

Such is NOT the case here.

Your discretion in posting and the information you disseminate here are so appreciated as is your devotion to keeping the forum running on an even keel despite the varying biases we all have...you keep us in line.

YEA SODASCOUTS

MikeA