Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Congratulations to Sodascouts on 10,000 posts!!!

Default Re: Congratulations to Sodascouts on 10,000 posts!!!

Congratulations, Soda!
    I always enjoy reading all your posts, they are always interesting, funny or/and crazy (dreams)!
    Again many thanks for your time and work that you invest in the EOC sites!
    "For the record, we never broke up, we just took a 14-year vacation!"
    (Glenn Frey)

Thanks again, guys. Wow, 10,000 posts from that fateful day I decided to start a message board. I've been a busy girl over the past few years! l wouldn't have been able to hit that number talking to myself. So let me add my thank you to you guys for giving me so many reasons to post in the first place.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Congratualtions from me, too, Soda! I've had a busy weekend since the chat Friday night, so am sorry to be late with this.

I just want to thank you too for maintaining all of these wonderful Eagles sites. I've learned so much and this, most definitely, is my favorite place on the net. Even though I haven't gotten to meet you in person, I feel like I've known you for a long time and hope that someday we will get to meet. You seem to be a genuine, caring, fun loving young lady. Thanks so much for sharing your fandom with all of us and for making this such a fun place to be. You rock!

The post that Pm quoted about Pebble Beach has to be your most awesome! I'd forgotten about 'that kiss'!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Congratulations, Nancy...you've built an awesome site here, and I appreciated the warm welcome you (and others ) gave me! This has become a great place for fans to "nest".

Here's another one of my favorite Soda posts. Many of us know about Soda's knack for getting a great concert seat at the last minute. Here TBF is talking about perhaps wishing that she had waited longer before she bought her Chicago Eagles ticket, and Soda gives her some sage advice.

It's dated 8-25-08 and you can also read it here: https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/...p?t=880&page=9

Quote:
    Originally Posted by TimothyBFan
    But does make me wonder if maybe I shouldn't have been more patient instead of jumping on the first day to get them. I just couldn't help myself-I'm an Eagles virgin and couldn't wait!

Now Willie - don't you know you should always save yourself for the right ticket.
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

I am so sorry I wasn't here when this milestone was hit. Reading these posts have really put a smile on my face (especially this last one!). I really can't think of a favorite but I know I have always enjoyed each and every one of them. What a way with words you always have.

Now the mushy part....
    This board has meant so very very much to me since the day I discovered it (I lurked for several months if not a year or so) and I don't remember what made me actually finally join but I do remember that it had something to do with a poster (didn't know she was the creator at the time) by the name of Sodascout who was always so friendly and knowledgeable. I just knew that I had a HUGE thing in common with all that were here. At the time, things were mighty low in my life with several losses of friends and family members and life wasn't going so well for me and as silly as this may sound, this board helped to ease the pain quite a bit, and has continued to do so since. I had always used the Eagles music to help me thru every tough time and this board seemed to be just one more Eagles related thing that would also help. Little did I know at the time how much it would mean to me and how much all the cyber friends I've met thru it, would mean to me also.

I can also say that thru this wonderful board and sight, I have forged a wonderful friendship and have so enjoyed her visits to my home and the concerts adventures we have shared together.

Nancy, I'm so glad to call you my friend. I hope you get everything in life you strive for. But most of all I hope you continue this board for at least the rest of my life because now, I just can't picture a day without it.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

A big congratulations to you, Soda! I can't say better what has already been said in the previous posts! (Especially trying to calculate what 10,000 items stack up to be, as Rhonda did...still curious as to how she did that, but laughing all the same! ) I will nominate my favorite Soda Story, which I have mentioned fairly recently, though I forget where. (I'm sorry, I don't know how to link it.) The absolutely funniest thing I have ever read on this site is the Infamous Screwdriver Hunt...listed under Glenn's Doing Pebble Beach, pg. 18, Post 173. The mental images those paragraphs, by Soda, Dreamer, and PLS summon up are priceless...kinda like Lucy and Ethel would do, I imagine. Post onward and upward!
    ~Eva~

...the calling of the tide's eternal tune, the phases of the moon, the chambers of the heart, the egg and dart...

I agree EV - the famous screwdriver adventure is also one of my faves. I love when Soda says something to the others like, " He's never asked anything of us - we can't fail him now!"
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

LOL those are some of my favorites, too, as you can imagine!

I've been bereft of internet most of the day, and am on Purdue's system now. Oh, the pain!!!! But this thread is sure a pick-me-up! I can't thank you guys enough.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

That last quote is my favourite as well. How dediacted you are Nancy! Congrats on your 10,000 wonderful posts and thanks so much for all you do for us and for being such a good friend.
    For those who don't know, when the chips were down 18 months ago and I couldn't manage to get a signed Eagles guitar that I saw advertised by Sams Club - they wouldn't ship outside the USA, Nancy came up trumps and did it all for me. Thanks so much again Nancy for that

Here's just a little reminder of Those wonderful Golf trips for you!

Thanks again!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP