Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RIP Patrick Swayze

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Default Re: RIP Patrick Swayze

Very sad news. My daughter loved Dirty Dancing and Ghost, too. And so did I. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

How Sad, My prayers are with his family

I heard this last night on the 11 pm news, and was quite saddened. I had those same crushes, even though I was a bit older (mid-to late 20's, similar ages as Jennifer Grey and Demi Moore at the time)--he was a sexy leading man! One reviewer put it best: "Patrick Swayze danced his way into viewers' hearts with Dirty Dancing, and then broke them with Ghost." Exactly. My prayers are with his family; may he rest in peace.
    ~Eva~

...the calling of the tide's eternal tune, the phases of the moon, the chambers of the heart, the egg and dart...

Border Desperado AmarilloByMorning's Avatar

I try to avoid postmortem press brigades but an online magazine in the uk had a tribute with this passage:

They met when she was 14 and he was 20… The first time Swayze met Lisa he pinched her bottom. She was not impressed, slapping his face to repay him for his daring. He later said: “Lisa was different from the girls I was used to. If I started putting on a pose or doing my Casanova routine, Lisa would turn away and not say anything. We had a lot of dates in silence. But as soon as I opened up about what I wanted from life, she would answer me. She was the smartest woman I ever met and I found that incredibly attractive.”

Talk about a Class Act. What a guy.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

I'm a little late on this, but I was really saddened to hear the news of Patrick's passing. I was just thinking about him a couple of weeks ago, and was wondering how he was doing because I hadn't heard anything lately. I was hoping that no news was good news, but, obviously, that was not the case. It's funny but the first acting role that I remember him in was not Dirty Dancing or Ghost, but the TV mini series North and South. You can probably guess by the name that it was a mini series about the American Civil War. I remember thinking how hot he was in that. Now, if a guy dressed in Civil War era garb can look hot, that says a lot. Then, when Dirty Dancing came out, he was off the scale hot. As much as I loved that movie, I think I actually may have loved Ghost even a bit more. What a fantastic talent. He will be really missed and my heart goes out to his wife, Lisa, and his family.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

He was pretty darn good in "Road House" too!

If it is any consolation at all, and it really isn't, Swayze's passing is going to be something that really brings attention to Pancreatic Cancer research. Hopefully that will boost the knowledge of the disease to the point that it can turn out not to have the disastrous results it had in Patrick's case.

MikeA