I've learned to respect everyone's opinions, no matter how much I disagree with them. People have different tastes as to what they like and don't like. Nobody's "right" and nobody's "wrong"; it's all subjective.

Quote Originally Posted by BBKron
I was downright shocked by how many list Heartache Tonight as one of their very favorite Eagles songs of all-time as I had never even considered it to be among their top-25
It's not my personal favorite, but what's so shocking about a Grammy-winning #1 hit being popular with fans? Regardless of whether or not you personally find it to be high quality, the fact that the song has received industry accolades and achieved commercial success should at least prepare you for the possibility that others might consider it their favorite.

Personally, I don't consider it mind-blowing that my opinions aren't universally held, but that's just me.

Also, I want to amend a statement I made earlier in this thread. I said that "Disco Strangler" was the worst song any of the Eagles had ever made, either together or solo. Well, I have all their catalogs on my computer and sometimes I randomize them. Today, Joe Walsh's "Coyote Love" came on... and I realized yes, one of the Eagles had indeed put out a song inferior to "Disco Strangler"!

So, "Disco Strangler", I apologize. You do not suck as badly as "Coyote Love."