Page 22 of 31 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Celebration of "The Long Run"!

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Celebration of "The Long Run"!

Having some problems with my computer so lets see if this goes through.

Happy Birthday to The Long Run. The album that introduced Tim as the new Eagle. Never thought that when released this it would be almost 30 until they released another album.

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Holy smokes. That's got to be the longest "break" between albums of any band.

I love The Long Run, warts and all. And I think it's album cover is my favorite of the band. Simple, to the point. HC is still my favorite album, but TLR is up there.

Austin, if TLR is your favorite cover, you're quite the minimalist! However, I can see the appeal.

As far as the album goes... well... even the weakest effort of the Eagles has stellar moments on it, and their weakest efforts are better than the vast majority of bands at the top of their game.

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    There is no Long Run Survivor at the moment. I don't know when there will be another Survivor game.
    Dreamer and I were thinking of doing another one, if there's interest, in a couple weeks.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border

It's been for ages in Wikipedia that Joe played all the keyboard parts - including the electric piano - in the original recording of ICTYW. There's no source mentioned. Someone removed my guitar harmony credit for Glenn in OOTN (supported by an Eagles book and Don Felder) immediately, but this one seems to stick. Is it true? I don't believe it. Why would Glenn not have played it? He overdubbed the lead guitars later anyway.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by chaim View Post
    It's been for ages in Wikipedia that Joe played all the keyboard parts - including the electric piano - in the original recording of ICTYW. There's no source mentioned. Someone removed my guitar harmony credit for Glenn in OOTN (supported by an Eagles book and Don Felder) immediately, but this one seems to stick. Is it true? I don't believe it. Why would Glenn not have played it? He overdubbed the lead guitars later anyway.
    Joe played keyboards on stage during this song. Why wouldn't he have recorded it?

Border Rebel

Joe played keyboards on stage during this song. Why wouldn't he have recorded it?
    I think Joe is the one who usually played the organ on Eagles songs in the few songs that had one. Glenn almost always played piano and/or electric piano. The anomaly is Don Felder playing organ on the song "The Long Run," which seemed odd to me.

Border Rebel

In Felder's book he says, "On The Long Run, I played keyboards for the first time on record." He said they were trying out new materials and new ways of playing it.

Stuck on the Border

Wikipedia claims Joe played the Rhodes part in the studio as well. It says Glenn only played the lead guitars. Glenn always played the Rhodes part live, not Joe. Joe played either the organ or string part live.
    Last edited by chaim; 10-19-2017 at 10:06 PM.

Banned

I hope the re-release of Hotel California sells well as that would open up the possibility of a 40th Anniversary edition of The Long Run being released.

Surely that has a lot more potential to be a more interesting release for uberfans, especially if they do a associated live dates too. It'd be a thrill to see them climb out of their comfort zone to perform The Long Run in it's entirety.