Page 23 of 31 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: Celebration of "The Long Run"!

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Celebration of "The Long Run"!

Quote Originally Posted by Funk 50 View Post
    I hope the re-release of Hotel California sells well as that would open up the possibility of a 40th Anniversary edition of The Long Run being released.

Surely that has a lot more potential to be a more interesting release for uberfans, especially if they do a associated live dates too. It'd be a thrill to see them climb out of their comfort zone to perform The Long Run in it's entirety.
    I don't wish to argue with this, because I have heard it all before. Just the casual going on as if nothing happened stuff. It is TOO LATE now for this to happen.

Is there anyone else who supports the current situation who would like to see this album played live in its entirety? If so, why?

I very much enjoy watching and listening to live music. Can't think of any band I had rather watch/listen to than the Eagles. Its not the same now, but still for me I'd rather see them than any other.

Quote Originally Posted by chaim View Post
    Wikipedia claims Joe played the Rhodes part in the studio as well. It says Glenn only played the lead guitars. Glenn always played the Rhodes part live, not Joe. Joe played either the organ or string part live.
    Isn’t this similar to what has been said about Don F playing lead guitar on ICTYW? “He always played it live therefore he must have played it on the album version...”

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    I don't wish to argue with this, because I have heard it all before. Just the casual going on as if nothing happened stuff. It is TOO LATE now for this to happen.

Is there anyone else who supports the current situation who would like to see this album played live in its entirety? If so, why?
    I don’t necessarily want to see this album played live but I don’t see why it’s too late. The 40th Anniversary isn’t here yet. It never occurred to me that they would consider doing so until I read it here, although I already thought about the possibility of a 40th Anniversary Edition of TLR.

Performing the whole of this album seems more do-able than HC. With the latter album the band is missing 3 members of the line-up. But with TLR, only 2 are missing, and one of them hasn’t played with the band in 15 years and has no vocal leads. Glenn had one vocal lead, Heartache Tonight, and the band as it is now is already performing it with Vince Gill singing lead. Glenn’s co-leads on KOH and TJ can be done by Deacon.

That being said, I cannot imagine such an enterprise being enthusiastically received. This album simply isn’t on par with HC in terms of popularity, cachet, recognition and admiration. Rarely have I read any kind of discussion of TLR without reference to the turmoil the band was experiencing while making it. It doesn’t have the most positive associations or reputation so I don’t think a concert based on it would be the best idea.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    Isn’t this similar to what has been said about Don F playing lead guitar on ICTYW? “He always played it live therefore he must have played it on the album version...”
    I knew someone was going to bring that up. My "live" comment you quoted was a reply to to Freypower's comment where she said Joe played it live. He didn't, Glenn did. Let us not take my words out of the orininal context. Of course it doesn't prove anything that Glenn played it live. And of course it's possible that Joe played the Rhodes part, but as far as I know someone has just decided that and put it in Wikipedia.

Also, the difference is that (as far as I know) there's no source that says Joe played the Rhodes part on the album, but there are sources that say Glenn played the lead guitars on the album (album credits, Glenn himself, both Dons, and I think Timothy as well has mentioned it).

But everyone else seems to think (and perhaps are right) that Joe played the Rhodes part on the album, so I got my answer and there's no point in me arguing about it.
    Last edited by chaim; 10-21-2017 at 07:47 AM.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by chaim View Post
    I knew someone was going to bring that up. My "live" comment you quoted was a reply to to Freypower's comment where she said Joe played it live. He didn't, Glenn did. Let us not take my words out of the orininal context. Of course it doesn't prove anything that Glenn played it live. And of course it's possible that Joe played the Rhodes part, but as far as I know someone has just decided that and put it in Wikipedia.

Also, the difference is that (as far as I know) there's no source that says Joe played the Rhodes part on the album, but there are sources that say Glenn played the lead guitars on the album (album credits, Glenn himself, both Dons, and I think Timothy as well has mentioned it).

But everyone else seems to think (and perhaps are right) that Joe played the Rhodes part on the album, so I got my answer and there's no point in me arguing about it.
    I wasn't claiming which part Joe played live; just that he played keyboards as did Glenn. My knowledge of the parts is nil! Sorry if I gave you that impression.

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    That being said, I cannot imagine such an enterprise being enthusiastically received.
    Two words: Disco Strangler.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    I wasn't claiming which part Joe played live; just that he played keyboards as did Glenn. My knowledge of the parts is nil! Sorry if I gave you that impression.
    That possibility did cross my mind. My mistake. Joe, of course, was a fine keyboard player even then. One only has to listen to NKIT or PMAIAR.

Put me in for a 40th Anniversary version of TLR.

I love The Long Run, filler and all, and I think it's cool.

I would also love to see actual high quality versions of the music videos for The Long Run, I Can't Tell You Why, and In The City. I personally looooove the title track music video. All that guitar gear on the floor in a studio room just jamming. I could see getting an HD version of that to put on my iPhone and iPad and Mac.

I really love the title track, but not everyone does. It's my dad's least favorite Eagles song, but funny enough his favorite Eagles song is In The City, off the same album. Me, I love the title track, I love singing along and I love the lyrical content and of course those dual slide guitars going on, at least in the video.

All that being said, I don't think it will happen. We didn't see anything for the first 4 records, and Hotel California was a HUGE record, so I can see why there was a 40th edition of that. I really really hope for it, but I'm not holding my breath.

WF, I'm with you 110% for an HD re-issue of the videos! Of course, I'll readily admit I have ulterior motives. You like seeing the guitar equipment and all, and that's cool. Me? Welllll.... LOLOLOL.