Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: You're Given Your Own Radio Show: What's the First Song You Play?

Stuck on the Border luvthelighthouse's Avatar

Default Re: You're Given Your Own Radio Show: What's the First Song You Play?

I read the title of this thread an the first song that popped into my head was Take it Easy. I then read the thread and found I was anything but original. I dunno, but when I hear that song, I'm hooked. I liked that song long before I knew it was the Eagles. It grabs me and pulls me in... so that would probably be my first song.

Initially I wasn't going to choose an Eagles song, but I've been unable to pick just one from elsewhere, so I'll stick with the theme of this forum and go with One Of These Nights. It's such a classic, but still so sexy and the first few seconds are awesome. (I hope my show has an evening slot!)

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

Stuck on the Border Outlawman13's Avatar

I would play Peaceful Easy Feeling. The first one that popped in my head. LOL. Love this song.

You came along and changed my life Glenn!!

Out on the Border tjrrockandrollmaster's Avatar

"Obscured by Clouds/When You're In" by Pink Floyd. "Doolin-Dalton" from The Eagles would follow.

If I was starting a new, ongoing radio show, I think I'd open with the glorious New Kid In Town.

The theme of my show would probably be something along the lines of great music enduring, and invite people to discuss what makes music great (having already given my own opinions, naturally!). Using that theme, I would follow up with maybe Adele's Set Fire To The Rain, Louis Armstrong's What A Wonderful World and something from the Beatles - Eleanor Rigby perhaps - and CSN's Cathedral.

At some point I'd want to explore "that song I just played was influenced by..." (which would be a huge learning curve for me by the way!).
    ---------------------------------
    Suzanne

Stuck on the Border Tiffanny Twisted's Avatar

You cant always get what you want the stones followed by Hotel california

I think I'd play Life In The Fast Lane...

Stuck on the Border Witchy Woman's Avatar

Metallica's Welcome Home (Sanitarium)