Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Los Angeles, CA 10-14-09

Stuck on the Border luvthelighthouse's Avatar

Default Re: Timothy B. Schmit in Los Angeles - Oct. 14!

OH CL, thank you thank you thank you so much for updating us! Sounds like you had a great time! It's all good and I can't wait. I will say though, I kinda wished he had added Do Something to his set list. However, beggers can't be choosers, so I'll take what I can get.

Poor Timothy being put in a situation to tell some woman to settle down. If I were the woman I would have been so embarrased!!! I'm sure it makes the performer uncomfortable to have to repremand fans.

This makes it all the more real and so so exciting. I'm happy to hear the place was packed!!!

Oh, more more thing... was Jeddrah just as sweet as her daddy and was she just as gorgeous in person as she looks in pics?
    Last edited by luvthelighthouse; 10-15-2009 at 11:09 AM. Reason: add question

OOOPS!

Jusy read through a few of your responses and realized I forgot a song. He did do "I Don't Mind." In my own defense it was 1:30 a.m. when I got done posting.

Forgive me Ladies.

And why is going to San Diego on the 17th? Did I miss something? He said he was going to Nashville today.

Carol-Lynn
    SoCalGal

Missing only one song is pretty darn good, considering it was a 90-minute show and you were working with only your memory.

It's Kenny who's going to San Diego, not Tim. Willie just hopes Kenny will be able to make it to Chicago since she's a big fan!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Talking Re: Timothy B. Schmit in Los Angeles - Oct. 14!

Quote Originally Posted by luvthelighthouse View Post

Oh, more more thing... was Jeddrah just as sweet as her daddy and was she just as gorgeous in person as she looks in pics?
    Yes and Yes. She is very fine boned and has beautiful long blonde hair and is very warm and friendly just like her daddy. She had a couple of gfs with her. I had hoped that she might be one of his guests but that never happened. I've never heard her sing and that would have been nice to hear her do one with her father. If she looks anything like her mother, I can see why Timmy married Noreen back in the day. BTW what ever happened to her anyway?

Kenny Wayne is a doll. I think his father came out after the show with him as there was this big blonde guy with him who had the same adorable baby face only 30 years older. The first time I saw Kenny Wayne he opened for Dylan back in Tucson in 1996 or 1997. He had just started out and he looked like one of the Nelson twins with his long blonde hair. He was just a kid but you could tell he'd make it. Funny thing was, Dylan was also in town last night for the first of three shows at the Palladium. Crash! or six degrees of seperation. Which ever.

Well it's back to my coffee. Glad everyone is so stoked.

Have a super time in Nashville, Chicago and New York and yes I hope you all can take the pix I wanted to and also get a M&G.

Stay Tuned!

Carol-Lynn
    SoCalGal

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Sorry to confuse you CL. Thanks again for all the inside scoop about last nights show. Loving the info!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Great review CL! Thanks for all the details!

I'm soooooo wishing I could go to Chicago.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Talking Re: Timothy B. Schmit in Los Angeles - Oct. 14!

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    Great review CL! Thanks for all the details!

I'm soooooo wishing I could go to Chicago.

Me too Brooke. We're just going to have to live through Nancy for that one. Let's hope that he does a full on tour.

His new web-site is now confirming e-mail subscripts so hopefully he's going to mount an all out independent solo career now and the rest of the country can see him too.

Personally, he reminds me of Lindsey Buckingham and not so much Ron Woods as was advanced in a recent interview with TimmieB. But that's another story for another day. My basic point is: Lindsey, as a singer/songwriter, has always been over-shadowed by Stevie (Whom I adore!) much like Timmy is by Don & Glenn (who I also adore.) And it took Lindsey twenty odd years to get the recognition he so deserved and he too had to do it without a lot of outside capital. And, look at him now. So when did this turn into an I Love Lindsey thread? My bad!

Okay, so it's Kenny Wayne. Got ya.

Carol-Lynn
    SoCalGal

CL

Thank you SOOO much for sharing your night with us!

I am already in Chicago so i had to come to an internet cafe just to see how last night went it sounds like it was amazing Now I really can't wait til SUNDAY!!!

BTW, I'm not familiar with the Poco song "What Am I Gonna Do" - it's on 1971's From the Inside, which I don't own. I'm surprised he's not doing one more of his own Poco songs alongside the tried-and-true Keep on Tryin'.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

CL, sounds like it was a fabulous show!!!! I suspect if any audience is going to get to see Ben play with his Dad it will be the guys in NYC since Boston is so close. Let's just hope that the success of the first four shows is a precursor of more to come!!!
    I just need a little downtime.........