Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: AMAZON HAS SHIPPED EXPANDO!

Default Re: AMAZON HAS SHIPPED EXPANDO!

TODAY'S THE DAY!!
    I just need a little downtime.........

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Just got the email-it's been shipped but they show the expectant arrival date as 10-26--WHAT? It better not take the US Postal service that long!!!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Quote Originally Posted by TimothyBFan View Post
    What I want to know is what's the use of preorder if it's not going to show up the day of release and you can walk into the store on the day of release and pick it up?
    Exactly, TBF. That's the reason I don't bother with preordering anymore. The last two times I did, it was 3-5 days after the release date before I got the CD. I have found that I can go on Amazon a day or two after the release date, find the product at a lower cost, and have it shipped to me within another day or two. Go figure!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

That's what happened to me wth LROOE. I preordered it from the Eagles site & my husband ended up buying it for me at Walmart because it took so long. Wasn't he a nice hubby. He knew what I was going through, not receiving it on time? I think that it was well over 2 weeks past the release date before my preordered copy arrived & the fact that it was coming to Canada was only part of the reason.

Well, hopefully I will have it in my grubby little hands this afternoon when hubby gets home from work. I have asked him to pick it up for me at Best Buy, but he may not share my sense of urgency!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

The more I think about it the madder I get about the whole preorder thing. So I decided to send an email to Amazon asking what the whole purpose is to preorder something if it doesn't mean you are getting the item on the release day when I can just go into the store and pick it up for the same money. Explained I didn't expect it before but I also didn't expect to have to wait till possibly the 26th, almost a week later. Doubt I'll get a answer that means anything but it did me a little good to vent a bit.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

That's one of the reasons I waited. However it does not appear to be available in any stores here in canada so.... I ordered it through his site and will wait and hope it arrives quickly.

IT'S HERE, IT'S HOT AND IT'S WORTH THE ANTICIPATION!!!!
    I pre-ordered on Amazon last Monday, October 12th, using their Prime Free Trial program. The order shipped out on Friday (10/16), arrived in Albuquerque late on 10/17 and was at my door by 11 a.m. this morning. With the Prime Free, you don't pay any shipping costs and they guaranteed delivery ON THE RELEASE DATE...and they came thru for me.

As for retail outlets, while I was out doing errands I ran into Walmart, Target and Best Buy and NONE OF THEM HAVE IT and nobody in the stores could tell me anything about it. I understand the frustration of everyone who is scrambling to get their hands on it today thru convention means. Been there before myself which is why I went this route...the Prime Free option is new and I decided to give it a shot to see if it really worked (I've had delays on other Amazon orders). Now I have to decide whether to cancel it or pay for a year..since I don't anticipate having very many orders on Amazon in the next 12 months, I doubt the $69 fee is worth it for me.

But I'm telling everyone -- this CD is definitely worth the anticipation if you're a big fan of Timmy's solo work. This is, by far, the best he's put out yet! There is no denying that this is HIS WORK.
    I just need a little downtime.........

Cynd, I'm so happy that trial thing worked for you and you got the cd today and like it. Do you have a favorite yet?
    ~ Cathy ~

Gotta love that hubby of mine - he came through! I own Expando. Gonna go listen now...
    ~ Cathy ~