Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: AMAZON HAS SHIPPED EXPANDO!

Default Re: AMAZON HAS SHIPPED EXPANDO!

Prettymaid, I've been listening ALL DAY and simply can't decide on a favorite. Each time I think "this is the one" I listen to another and think the same thing. Absolutely LOVE White Boy From Sacramento -- it's so obvious that he enjoyed poking fun at himself; Ella Jean is a truly sweet tribute to the lovely Mrs. Schmit; Parachute is the new single (according to his website) and it's a great tune; Friday Night is really a view of his romantic side (in my opinion); and Secular Praise is really touching. Actually, I don't think there's a questionable song on the entire CD!
    I just need a little downtime.........

Cynd, I can hear the excitement in your post! I just finished listening to it. I think I'll start a new thread so everybody can give their reviews!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Stuck on the Border luvthelighthouse's Avatar

Oh you lucky ladies!!! I went to Best Buy, but none in my area have it. It's only available online through their website. I went to one Walmart and called two others, nothing! I called three Targets, nope, not there either. Finally, I called one of the only actual record stores I know of in the area and they have it! So, either tonight or tomorrow I'll be off to buy it. It makes more sense to go tomorrow, but I think I'm too excited to wait...

I can't wait to hear individual reviews from everyone who gets it!
    Last edited by luvthelighthouse; 10-20-2009 at 07:52 PM.

LYL, Hubby said Best Buy only had two in the new release section when he grabbed ours!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Thanks for the welcome.
    Slightly better news from the UK. Amazon now say 'usually dispatched within 1 to 4 weeks' and I've ordered and have been given an estimated delivery date of 4th -14th November. So I've got everything tightly crossed for 2 weeks time.
    I hope all of you with obtaining/delivery problems have speedy results. Very frustrating when you've been waiting for sooooooooo long and then there's still a delay.

Stuck on the Border luvthelighthouse's Avatar

I have a copy!!! Thank goodness that a record store still exists!!! While it was only $12, I still managed to spend $30 before I pulled myself out of there! I easily could have bought 10 CD's.

When I told hubby I was going to this place, he gave me a strange look. He repeated the place (he knows it's half hour away) and said, "why don't you just download it?" I explained to him, I'm old school. I want to hold the CD, I want to touch it, look at it, carry it with me.

Once in the store, I couldn't stop thinking about the game w/played on this website that Mike started, Second Greatest Band. I was there pulling and looking at CD's like Janis Joplin, The Flying Burrito Brothers, The Runaways, Sly and Family Stone, Hendrix... When I picked up The Byrds and saw Gram Parsons, I nearly cried. I ended up buying a double disk of Mr Tambourine Man and Sweetheart of the Rodeo. I swear, music to too emotional of an expierence for me... yes, I am a total dork!

I was listening to Expando on the way home and I'm loving and I mean LOVING White Boy!!! I haven't made it through the whole thing yet, but so far, that's up there as a favorite!!!

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by luvthelighthouse View Post
    I swear, music to too emotional of an expierence for me... yes, I am a total dork!
    Can I say how much I love this statement!! EXACTLY!!! It seems you & I have more in common than the obvious.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

I just received an email from Amazon telling me they're sending me a refund of $1.50 on the purchase price of Expando. Apparently after I ordered there was an adjustment in the cost!
    I just need a little downtime.........

Stuck on the Border

That happened to me too. My refund is $3.50!

Checked my mail today with high hopes but I still haven't gotten it. I'm thinking of purchasing the downloads in the interim, but... I hate paying twice for the same thing just because Amazon doesn't have their act together!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten