Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Chicago, IL 10/18/09

Default Re: Chicago, IL 10/18/09

Thanks all for the great pixs. Glad everyone had a great time.

Carol-Lynn
    SoCalGal

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

WOW!!!!!! Everybody, thanks so much for the wonderful reviews and the fantastic pictures. Looks like all of you had a ball and got much closer to Timothy than at an Eagles gig. I hope he DOES manage to do more like this. And he looks so well. Laura will be delighted with the pics. His new album sounds great as well.

WAYTOGO!!!!!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Great pics & reviews everyone. I am so excited for you. What a wonderful experience for you to have been in such an intimate venue with Tim!

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Wow - I'm so glad all of you had such a wonderful time and had a chance to meet so many other cool, hardcore fans. Thanks for being so quick in getting up those reviews and pictures. LTL, your pics are great - trust me, a lot better than I'd ever do.

Now - OBTW ... I don't remember anyone saying, but how did you all like being up so close to Tim???

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Wow guys! Sounds like all of you had a fabulous time! Thanks so much for the reviews LTL and Soda! And the pics are wonderful! Tim looks so good!

TBF are you ok?
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Ok, I'm back.

Brooke--No I am not! I'm in very very deep PTW!! I miss him already.

We got up after a few hours sleep and did breakfast and Nancy & Cathy are back on the road for home now. So I thought I'd get back on here and give my version. We pretty well covered most of it last night but let me put my personal spin on it all. Bare with me-I know most of you here will understand. I'm sure Soda & PM will add more also.

We got into Chicago and scoped out the venue, had brunch there etc. Talked to the bar tender that said he figured sound check would be around 7. Off we went to explore a bit, then went back to the car regrouped and headed back to Shubas thinking we would have dinner and then it would be time to line up. A few others were already there, so we decided to hop on line, several hours before. I seriously think I was still in a state of disbelief of what we were about to do/see. While we were having a quick drink, Nancy got up to go speak to a couple of the front women and at that time, Tim came through a side door and on into the music room for sound check. He was literally walking by us only a few feet away. I went to the window and took that above picture of his suv he had arrived in. We could hear a couple of the songs during sound check including ICTYW. Really really cool!! Still in a state of shock at this point.

After waiting for hours, the doors were finally opened and as I made my way thru it, I started to shake as I was able to walk right up to the foot of the stage. OMG, I was going to be right to the right of Timothy's feet. Right above me was a bench with 2 water bottles, a harmonica with the strap and another harmonica. I looked at Cathy and said "my gosh, his lips have been on those harmonicas." Strange that was my first thought. The next half hour had to be one of the longest of my life.

Right on time, the door right behind me (about 2 feet away) opened and there he & Jean were. He took off his coat and Jean was led off to the back of the room and Tim headed up the 3 stairs to the stage. He strapped on a guitar, walked to the microphone and immediately went into The Shadow and then finally came my tears. I was listening to solo Timothy songs live!!! Amazing amazing amazing!!!!

He never ever disappointed with the beautiful music, stories, dancing, joking! He was so gracious and thankful to be there. He is just a genuinely nice, polite guy. No one who was there could possibly dispute that. I keep using the word amazing but I just can't think of any other word to best describe the show or the experience for me.

The new songs that really stick out for me are definitely White Boy From Sacamento, Friday Night, One More Mile, Parachute & Secular Praise. I guess I would have to say those are the songs that really show how much Tim loves and appreciates the soulful sounds.

After the LWKUA, he walked down the stairs and since we still hadn't been told whether there would be a meet & greet, I thought the hell with it, I'm going for it. He was only a couple feet away from me and I said "Timothy, could you sign something for me?" He held up his finger and said "Just a minute." And then a couple of guys whisked him away out the side door! He was gone! D*mn! Oh well, needless to say I guess it's over between us because he lied to me and I just can't be in that kind of a relationship! Of course we all speculated that maybe he would be back in or that he wasn't aware that he would be taken away that fast (he would never lie to me, right?), etc.... who knows. I tried to no avail. So to all of you that wondered what I would say to him if I got a chance--there you have it! Not exactly what I had planned. It's ok---nothing could ruin that night in that intimate setting with the man that has meant so much to me for over 30 years, only a few feet away from me for an hour & a half singing those beautiful songs just for me. Oh that's right, there were another 149 people in the room watching!

Sorry- I have rambled on.

The pictures in the next post....
    He sings it high, he plays it low

These are no were close to the caliber of ltlh's pictures but this is what I got with me camera phone. I had quite a few more but they were blurry and shaky (that couldn't of been my fault because I couldn't stop my hands from shaking!).

Sorry-some of these do look like duplicates, but they aren't. I just took that many.