Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Chicago, IL 10/18/09

Stuck on the Border luvthelighthouse's Avatar

Default Re: Chicago, IL 10/18/09

OMG!!! My heart literally just jumped! How beautiful is this picture? He looks so young! This could stand up to any picture from the 70's easily! OMG!!! I'm sorry, the only words I have are OMG!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TimothyBFan View Post

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by luvthelighthouse View Post

Can I say how much I love you for taking all of these but ESPECIALLY this one? WOW
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by luvthelighthouse View Post

And this one!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Those are great pics from a cell phone, Willie! You must have been in heaven!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border luvthelighthouse's Avatar

I'm heading out now, but I think I have five more to share. Not nearly as clear as the originals, but I'm sure we will still appreciate the subject matter!

I'm not sure I can add anymore details. LTL, TBF and Soda did a good job of filling you in on the particulars. Let me try to describe how this concert left me feeling.

First of all, needless to say, being close to the stage at any concert is a more rewarding experience than being farther away. We were right next to the stage in a very cozy, intimate room. Here's a picture of the room we were in from Schuba's site.

When Timothy came onstage and started playing, it didn't feel like I was watching Timothy B. Schmit of the Eagles, but rather a folk/blues singer doing his own thing. I was anxious to hear Friday Night live, and Timothy did not disappoint. He really moved (as much as he could on the small stage) to that song. Since I can't get the song out of my head I would have to say that was the highlight for me.

As the evening went on, I was overjoyed to see the quiet, overshadowed bass player for the Eagles making his own music, his own way. That stage was his and his alone, and by the end of the night I understood who Timothy is as a current solo artist and what kind of music he enjoys making. Love it or hate it, he has come into his own and found his own musical style. I for one, love it.
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

This was the only thing missing from Friday Night... the accordion!

Last edited by Prettymaid; 10-19-2009 at 05:05 PM.
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Stuck on the Border

What wonderful reviews and brilliant photos. You must all be so happy and proud. What an experience!!!

Oh my gosh! I haven't had much Border time the past couple of days, so I'm just catching up. I was so excited to hear about Tim's Chicago show, and I've been reading this thread with a big smile on my face. I can't believe you ladies got so close to him! It sounds like it was a truly unique gig, and that you had loads of fun together. I'm so thrilled for you Tim fans. I know how excited you were (Willie!!!) I can't get over the photos. They're fantastic. That man is looking good!

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

well i have just arrived home from Chicago and gotta get back to reality tommorow.. back to school UGH!

However last nights concerts FAR surpassed my expectations!. As was mentioned earlier I ended up front and center RIGHT in front of Timothy's microphone. Needless to say i was in heaven!

My favourites live (from the new album) were certainly Friday Night Secular Praise and defiantely White Boy from Sacramento. It was also neat to hear The Shadow (my fav song from FTF) and Keep on Tryin Live.

I truly feel this was a once in a lifetime opportunity and I am so glad I was able to be there to see it .. being front and center and less than 2 feet away from Timothy as he performed was a HUGE bonus! Being able to watch every aspect of Timothy's performance from his fingers moving on the guitar to tossing the hair, to the eyes, to even his throat going pinkish as he worked was something I never thought I'd see so close. A cute moment I believe it was after Secular Priase I found it breathtaking.. I said to Timothy :Timothy you are amazing" His response was soo cute he said to me "Thank you, so are you"

I would have loved to have met Timothy but I certainly had the night of my life regardless and I am so glad to have got to shared it with the various ladies.

I took nearly a full roll of film, we will see tomorow how many of them turn out!