Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Chicago, IL 10/18/09

Default Re: Chicago, IL 10/18/09

Willie, that sucks that he didn't come back to sign something for you but it still must have been an amazing moment for you to get some kind of response from him to you and only you. I'm very proud of you for working up the courage to say something to him. I know that you were really nervous as to what to say to him if you got the chance. And btw, you phone takes some pretty great pictures.

TF, that's awesome that you got to be front and center. Must have been some experience for you (and the others that went) to be that close to him. If only we could have that kind of closeness at an Eagles concert (yeah right ) Timothy's response after you told him he's amazing is too cute.

I'm really enjoying reading about each of your experiences from the concert last night. Looks like you all had a wonderful time. Thanks again, to all that went, for the reviews and pics. I giggled with excitement as I read each one. From the looks of all of those pics, Timothy has still got it going on.
    ~Jess~

Stranded "on a corner in Winslow, Arizona
    Such a fine sight to see."

Stuck on the Border tbs fanatic's Avatar

Fantastic reviews and pix Thanks so much. OMG - I am green with envy.

Herman Matthews and Chris Farmer especially were constantly referring to cheat sheets, teleprompters, or whatever they were. This makes me theorize that TBS was possibly under some pressure to do all of this quickly, and thusly makes me wonder if there is an upcoming Eagles project-related reason for it.

SS Tim actually said last night that this band had only been rehearsing together for 3 weeks!

Stuck on the Border luvthelighthouse's Avatar

I've been on this thread so much today, just reliving the past 24 hours. As the minutes roll by, it is all the more clear to me just how spectacular an expierence it really was. Meeting others who clearly cheerish Timothy as much as we do. The overall feeling of joy just being able to hear/see him so intimately. The pleasure of hearing him the way he wants to be heard.

One thing we did leave out was how after several songs, he would point to his band members that had stood out on their parts, so we would applaud more for them. You could tell he felt proud of the people he choose to be on stage with him. You could see the friendship between Hank and him as they would exchange looks and smiles on parts well done.

I wasn't sure if he would be uneasy up there as a solo act, as he has stated in the past that he prefers the band setting. Well, he had NO issues at all. He was so in his element! Another thing I thought was funny, during ICTYW... during Eagles shows after the second verse he drops back and usually walks over to Joe or just hangs out at the back of the stage. He "tried" to do the same thing at Schubas. Pulling back, but realizing there was no place to go, as the stage was so small. Oh, and during LWKUA, he didn't have an instrument, and at one point, he started playing air bass, as if he had forgotton he didn't have a bass strapped on!

I keep remembering little things hear and there... it's a nice place to visit.

As promised, I will post a few more pics. They aren't as clear as the originals, but hope you'll enjoy them anyway. Oh, and TBF, your pics are great! I kept looking at them over and over today! Thank you!!!

Stuck on the Border luvthelighthouse's Avatar

Well I have a feeling that last one will have Willie swooning Beautiful!!

SOOOO glad you all had such a fantastic time! I'll admit it, I was (and still am) a little jealous but I'm so thrilled that each of you got to experience it!!!! What an unforgettable night!

Wow, I loved reading all of your accounts of your night, and seeing all of your great photos! I can't wait to see what happens in NYC on Wednesday...I am hoping and that Kay and I get in! (The show unfortunately was sold out before I called on Saturday, so we are trying to land just two, please, of the 10 - 30 tickets they suspect they'll have available at the door. Please!)

Willie, I sensed so much of your awe and wonder from your post, it actually brought a tear to my eye as I read...honest! You deserved that night of your life!
    ~Eva~

...the calling of the tide's eternal tune, the phases of the moon, the chambers of the heart, the egg and dart...

WOW!
    Thanks so much for the fantastic reviews and excellent photos!
    I am glad you all had a unforgettable and unbelievable time!
    "For the record, we never broke up, we just took a 14-year vacation!"
    (Glenn Frey)

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Willie and LTL! Wow what fantastic pictures. It really shows how well Timothy looks when you get in close to him. I'm delighted you all had such a wonderful evening, and Willie, wonderful that you even managed to get a few words to him. I'd say he wouldn't have meant to leave you hanging over the signing thing, but it was possible he was whisked away by the powers that be.
    WAIT till Laura sees these!!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP