Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Expando Reviews!

Stuck on the Border tbs fanatic's Avatar

Default Re: Expando Reviews!

Finally broke down and downloaded it from iTunes. There is not one store in this town that has the CD - not ONE! I even waited, thinking maybe they get delayed shipments but Nooooooooooooo! How insane is that???????

Anyway, I shall wash away my anger with a cup of coffee and listen away. I shall soak in the songs and then give my two pence worth.

Stuck on the Border luvthelighthouse's Avatar

Drive by posting... Now that I've had this for a while and listened to it numerous times, my thoughts and feelings are changing from the initial thoughts.

I really thought I wouldn't like Ella Jean, as it's kinda sappy... but really, I enjoy that song very much. It's such a fun sing along song, but I turn it off as he starts singing her name repetitively at the end.

I am finding Have A Good Day, is really up there as a favorite of mine. Now, I'm gonna just say it... I will be the lone (wo)man as I say, I skip Parachute every time. I find that I do not really like that song or One More Mile.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Well, good for all of you who just purchased Expando. I'm looking forward to hearing your thoughts on it.

And ltl, as far as the review that TBF posted, I thought it was interesting that the reviewer doesn't even mention Parachute. While I don't agree with some of his assessments of the individual song, it's good to see a favorable review. As we always say, "different strokes for different folks".

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Well, I've got one listen to the album in and I really love it! With every song I'm thinking....."Tim?! Where have you been? Is it really you?" I'm just amazed! It's mostly so different for him!

I'll have to listen a few more times before I write a full review, but it's definitely a

And just off the top of my head I love Parachute, Friday Night, Secular Praise, and White Boy. Like most everyone!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Congratulations Brooke on your 5000th post!!!

You said it Brooke! Where has he had all this bottled up?
    I think it's so much better than anything I've heard from him before!
    Last edited by Prettymaid; 11-03-2009 at 08:16 PM.
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Stuck on the Border tbs fanatic's Avatar

Finally found some time to listen. First thoughts - like everyone, it seems, I like Parachute, Friday Night and Secular Praise. Also quite liked One More Mile. Need to listen a few more times to get these songs in my head but so far I'm definitely liking it .

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Last edited by TimothyBFan; 07-08-2010 at 08:54 AM.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Good one!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border

What an excellent review. Now that's what I'm talking about (thank you Adam Savage of Mythbusters).

This is not so much a review as it is random observations, but here is my take on Expando, for what it is worth.

One More Mile – The best line, to my mind, is “Well, I cleaned up the kitchen and it looks so good, I’m ready to live my life.” I can SO identify with that!!! I always feel as if I can take on anything as long as the kitchen is clean. And don’t you all get this mental picture of Timothy washing the dishes, wiping down the counters and being so pleased with himself? Woof.

Parachute – Love how the bass drives this one. And I agree 100% with those of you who have said that this would be a good one for the Eagles to do in concert. With Joe on lead guitar (mind you, no disrespect to Ben, who does a fine job) and everyone else joining in on harmony, I see no reason why this could not become a new fan favorite.

Friday Night – Starts out like a simple little folk song, but quickly morphs into an Irish pub song and back again. This one has got to be fantastic live.

Ella Jean – “Every now and then you’ve been on my mind. Not too much – just all the time.” Swoon. How many of you substitute your own name in the refrain? Never mind, you know who you are.

White Boy from Sacramento – Just go ahead and make fun of Love Will Keep Us Alive all you want. Paul Carrack is my buddy, and I don’t care. Besides, my voice is better than anything you got. I’m Timothy B. freakin’ Schmit, the White Boy from Sacramento, and I can laugh at myself right along with you. So there. Hey, who swiped my Jade East?!

Compassion – What a sweet, beautiful, loving man. That’s all I have to say.

Downtime – “And these shoes are killing me.” I think that explains the barefoot photos. Wonder if he gets pedicures?

Melancholy – We’ve all been there, and so has he. But that voice cuts me to the quick.

I Don’t Mind – For some reason, after “So heavy, the drama,” I keep wanting to sing “You should save it for yo’ momma.” But “self-inflicted trauma” is good, very good.

Secular Praise – See above under Compassion.

A Good Day – It appears our Timothy is not a morning person, since he needs a little time while he fills his cup. So I’m guessing the kitchen probably doesn’t get clean till at least mid-morning….