Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: NYC, NY 10/21/09

Default Re: NYC, NY 10/21/09

A few more things I remembered:

The drummer who took a pic with us after the show was named Herman, I think. I guess I could look it up, I just haven't.

Timothy wore the exact same outfit he wore to the other shows, down to the turquoise necklace. Lookin' good, that's for sure!

I loved the treatment he gave to both encore songs, the R&B version of IDWTHA with the ladies backing him, and the acoustic LWKUA--his voice sounded so clear, strong, and focused (for lack of a better term) on that one. Beautiful!

After the show, Dreamer and I did go for a light dinner around the corner from The Bitter End, to recap the night and tell more stories. Everything was great! Then, a speedy ride home...me to post, and she to head toward Z's neck of the woods to visit her today.
    ~Eva~

...the calling of the tide's eternal tune, the phases of the moon, the chambers of the heart, the egg and dart...

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

EV-Sorry I offended you by letting real life get in the way of our Timmy time! I promise to do my best to answer the phone if you shall call this weekend. Believe me, I was furious that I missed it & the family made fun of me as I ranted about it!

Weren't all the members of the band so nice? So cool about the pic with Herman (you got his name right).

At least with him wearing the same outfit, we can all share our pics. Just like the suits we all love so much.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Stuck on the Border luvthelighthouse's Avatar

That was an AWESOME review!!! I'm so happy that both of you were able to make it into the show. (I knew you would!) Sounds like Timothy was having the time of his life this little mini tour. I guess he likes how it feels to be the big man on campus. He just needed a taste to realize he should do more of these solo gigs!

Its great to hear you enjoyed yourself so much! I can't wait for pics!

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

BTW--ltlh--LOVE the new avi! I can't figure out which pic it is tho. I was going to make me a new one today also from one of our pics but what a big decision to make on which one. I just got done making a couple WBFS ringtones so now time to work on the avi. So pathetic I am!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Stuck on the Border EasyFeeling's Avatar

Thank you for the review... sounds like you both had a fantastic time
    I only wish the boys would come to Germany to do a solo show... no matter who I'll take them all

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Fabulous review Ev! I enjoyed every minute and really felt like I was right there on the journey with you! I'm so happy for you and dreamer!

As for Paris, hmph! We need St. Louis, KC, Columbia, Springfield IL or MO or anywhere in between! Please Tim? I wanna see you, too! :begging smilie:
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Glad you guys got in and got a good seat. Can't wait for the pixs.

Carol-Lynn
    SoCalGal

Out on the Border

Attended the TBS concert last night! It was FANTASTIC!!! Eaglesvet gave a wonderful review. I'm still floating on Cloud 9 even though I had an obstructed view of Timothy! The keyboard player was in the way most of the time. When he wasn't playing I had a direct view of Timothy and enjoyed every minute of it. For those of you sitting front and center, I was at the last table that touched the stage. Once we got in, they were the only seats still available. People were already standing against the back wall. I couldn't get there until 6:45, now I know I need to get to the venue by 4:00!! I thought the club would be deeper, all tables would have perfect view of stage, you'd just be back farther if you got there later. Oh well, at least I was there!! I did see and hear him in person, a dream come true!!!! However, since I bought my tickets on line the week before, it was upsetting to learn from eaglesvet that her two Poco tablemates didn't have tickets and got better seats than me!! If I went to the trouble of reserving tickets than I should have gotten in before walk ups! But, that's life, what are you going to do? Couldn't get into the city any earlier, had "Mom duties" to attend to in the afternoon. I too was sorry he didn't circulate after the concert as I read he had done that in L.A. Brought some TBS things for him to sign just in case. Guess that will have to wait until next time, since it sounds like there will definitely be a next time! And, I'll be there!!!
    Saw the Eagles twice last summer in concert, but since Timothy's my absolute FAV this was unbelievable!! Besides his wonderful music, it was great to hear his banter and talk, something he doesn't get to do as you all know when touring with the Eagles. Gave us all a little more of an inside look into Timothy. Loved that aspect of the concert. Can never get enough or learn enough about Timothy!!!

Hello Susan and welcome! I love to hear others' reviews of Timothy's shows. I'm so happy for him! And for $20 if he comes anywhere near me I want to go again!!!

For the record, would everyone say Timothy's shirt was sort of wine -colored or was it brown? Black vest and black 'stovepipe' jeans, right?
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Hey Susan! Nice to here from you! You must have been one or two tables to the left of us (as you're facing the stage), because we were directly in front of the keyboardist (key-Border?). I think the only reason those other folks got the seats at our table is because initially, they were facing away from the stage, and so didn't appear to be good. Duh, turn the chairs around, folks, when the music starts...you don't need the table in front of you!

Cathy, maybe Tim has the same shirt and vest in multiple colors then. Last night, it was definitely a gray vest, a darker blackish-gray shirt, and faded tight :: blue jeans. I only briefly looked at one of the Chicago pix this am before I posted to see the jeans, and I thought he wore denim there, too. Maybe I didn't look closely enough. He looked GOOD, is all I can say. I guess my mind was all flustered!
    ~Eva~

...the calling of the tide's eternal tune, the phases of the moon, the chambers of the heart, the egg and dart...