Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: NYC, NY 10/21/09

Default Re: NYC, NY 10/21/09

Welcome from me, too, Susan! I'm glad you had a good time. Who knows, maybe he'll be back in NYC and you'll get front and center!

I think I prefer SRO - don't have to worry about claiming seats. It was hard on my feet, though. I knew I shouldn't have worn my Stevie boots....

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by eaglesvet View Post
    , and faded tight :: blue jeans. I only briefly looked at one of the Chicago pix this am before I posted to see the jeans, and I thought he wore denim there, too. Maybe I didn't look closely enough. He looked GOOD, is all I can say. I guess my mind was all flustered!

Are you absolutely sure you can't get those pictures up any quicker? And Chicago were jeans also. Trust me- I checked!

Welcome from me also Susan. To bad about your view last night but sure glad you enjoyed the show otherwise!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Stuck on the Border luvthelighthouse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TimothyBFan View Post
    BTW--ltlh--LOVE the new avi! I can't figure out which pic it is tho.
    TBF, it's one I posted in black and white. I did that because it was sharper.

Susan, welcome! So happy to hear another fan got into the show! He certainly was amamzing it, wasn't he?

As for what he was wearing... I thought it was a chocolate brown shirt and black vest. I'll have to examine the pic of him coming in the door w/Jean. It's posted, so you'll can have a look.

NY sure sounded like fun... wish I had been there too.

Stuck on the Border tbs fanatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    Fabulous review Ev! I enjoyed every minute and really felt like I was right there on the journey with you! I'm so happy for you and dreamer!

As for Paris, hmph! We need St. Louis, KC, Columbia, Springfield IL or MO or anywhere in between! Please Tim? I wanna see you, too! :begging smilie:

Maybe you can work your magic again Brooke? Remember how The Eagles Tour kept coming back to your neck of the woods Was it 1? 2? 3 times I don't know how you did it then but I think it's time to work your magic again, don't you?

Dreamer and EV: I am soo glad you got to see the show! It sounds like it was amazing!

Susan Welcome to the board I'm glad you enjoyed the show.

In terms of what Timothy was wearing in Chicago he wore blue jeans, a black vest, a black silky shirt with the sleeves rolled up and also what appeared to be brand new boots.

Stuck on the Border

EV and dreamer, glad you both had such a good time! Whew dreamer, I'm relieved to hear you're getting over that shyness problem you have!

Also hope you and Z had a nice lunch and got yourselves all caught up with one another! Wish I could have been there.

And Susan, welcome!

LTL's post in another thread reminded me of something funny I noticed last night. On One More Mile and I think another song, Chris Farmer the key-Border shakes a clear plastic container of metal washers as a percussion instrument! At first glance, I thought it was full of chocolate-covered pretzels, but then I realized the sound would not be very consistent from show to show, for obvious reasons!
    ~Eva~

...the calling of the tide's eternal tune, the phases of the moon, the chambers of the heart, the egg and dart...

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Well Hello everyone ... I'm back home from my road trip. The first thing I want to says is that I am SOOOO glad that I made the trip to see such a rare and great show put on by Tim. It was totally worth every single mile I drove. It was also such a pleasure to meet Eva in person - we didn't miss a beat and it was like we have known each other forever. We had a great time, and, hopefully, there will be more shows that we can meet up for in our future. I will say this - as many of you may have read on the board before, I am very short, so the first thing I thought when I saw Eva is "man - is she tall!" I imagine she was having similar opposite thoughts. But, nonetheless, the tall blonde and the short brunette odd couple bonded before we even piled into the car and headed for the Big Apple.

I have to say that I am not nearly the social butterfly that Eva portrayed me as. I am very reserved and shy (right Molly!) Okay – maybe shy is not the right word for me, but it did make it very easy to chime in when the other people in line were so friendly. It was funny, but Eva is right ... every time she would turn her back, it seemed like I would strike up a conversation with another person with a Bernardsville connection. (so , c'mon now ... how big is that town really). But, Tim has some great hardcore fans, and the time we stood in line passed easily. It also didn’t hurt that the weather was almost perfect. I can tell you all, I was far from winning the prize for traveling the farthest. As Eva mentioned, there were folks that had traveled much farther than me, including the lady from Paris. I was so glad for her that she was able to get her autograph.

Now, as far as the show, Eva already did a great review, and I honestly can't think of much more to add to it. It was so fun to see Tim being so relaxed and doing his own thing. I think my favorites from Expando are about the same as many others. I really like Parachute, Friday Night, White Boy From Sacramento, Downtime, I Don’t Mind, Secular Praise, and A Good Day.

After the show, I went to the restroom, and the very petite female backup singer (I can’t remember which one she is) came out of the bathroom. I told her how much I enjoyed the show, and that they really needed to do more of them. She definitively told me that there would be more scheduled after Thanksgiving, but she didn’t know which cities.

Before driving home on Thursday, I had a chance to meet up with Z for lunch (and, yes, Molly, we would have loved it if you had been there)! It was great seeing her, but I was so disappointed for her that she couldn’t go to the show knowing how much she loves Timothy. But, just maybe she and others will get another chance!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Hey, Dreamer, glad you made it back safely, and it's great to know you thought it was so worthwhile! I agree! I hope your ride to VA didn't take as long as the ride up North, though.

I beg to differ on your shyness-assessment...I guarantee I wouldn't have met half as many of the people on that line and in the bar if you hadn't started the conversations off! Although I do think that a good part of it was that everyone was just sooo thrilled to be waiting with anticipation for the special treat of a Timothy concert...we just couldn't contain ourselves!
    ~Eva~

...the calling of the tide's eternal tune, the phases of the moon, the chambers of the heart, the egg and dart...

Stuck on the Border luvthelighthouse's Avatar

Dreamer, I'm happy to hear you had a great time! You come off as very friendly, so I'm sure it's quite simple for you to meet other people.