Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: NYC, NY 10/21/09

Default Re: NYC, NY 10/21/09

Welcome home Kay! I'm thrilled that you loved seeing Timothy's show! The more people that see it the more fun we can have talking about it!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

So glad you guys had such a great time seeing Timothy! The reviews were fantastic, and did make me feel like I was there. Great job!

Dreamer, glad you had a great time,thanks for your review, too.
    "For the record, we never broke up, we just took a 14-year vacation!"
    (Glenn Frey)

Thanks from me too, Dreamer! I had a feeling that you would get tickets.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Thanks everyone. Honestly, if I hadn't been pretty confident that we would get tickets, I wouldn't have made the trip. Even though it was a risk, I figured it would work out. IMO, when more shows are announced, if there is any way you all can get to one, you should definitely try to do it. It is SO worth it and who knows if you will ever get another chance to see Timothy solo. As many have said, it is so fun to see him take on the role as the main man and get a little insight into his personality that you never see in an Eagles show.

Another little thing that I thought about, but don't remember if anyone had previously mentioned this ... when we went into the club, there were cardboard Expando drink coasters at each seat on all of the tables. Of course, Eva and I both grabbed ours and put them away before anyone set a drink on them. I was just wondering if any of the other venues had the coasters.

And Susan, I'm sorry I forgot to welcome you in my previous post. Glad to have you and I am so happy that you got to see the show. Too bad about your view, but I know it was well worth it anyway. From my experience, most small clubs operate pretty much the same way in that reserved general admisssion tickets only insure that you get in the venue, but the seating (or standing room) itself is not reserved - that's usually always first-come, first-serve. I guess it's just too much of a hassle for small venues to have to deal with reserving seats.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Dreamer, great to hear your thoughts, too. I'm so glad you got to go and had such a great time. Very cool that you got to meet up with Ev and Z, too!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Out on the Border

Enjoyed reading all the comments and ongoing conversation about the TBS concert. Before I add anything else, I want to thank all of you for your very warm welcome! Since it was my first posting, it was so nice of you, but of course, since you're all Timothy fans, it should not come as a surprise!! Anyway, back to the concert! I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm still awed by the fact that I saw him perform in person! Now that it's been a few days, it sometimes feels as if it was a dream! But then I look at my Expando drink coaster, and realize yes, I was actually there! So, whoever mentioned taking one, I did the same thing! Before the waitress could put my drink down and damage it, I too slipped it into my pocketbook! Nice to have some memento, espcially since it had Timothy's picture on it! Even though we didn't meet at the concert, now that I know where you were sitting, I think we did have a small connection without even knowing it! I sat next to a very nice woman who was also from France. We chatted before the show and during the show I related some of Timothy's comments, since it was hard for her to understand everything. She asked me to write down Hank Linderman's name when the band was introduced as she said something about meeting him for pictures. As I was leaving I noticed she was speaking to a group a few tables away. Was that you and your group eaglesvet? I thought she was going to have her picture taken with him, but did she actually get the pictures you have posted on this site from him? Just curious!

AT the end of the show, the French woman was giving me her email address so I could eventually email her my pix, so that very well could have been us you saw. I thought that she was sitting at the very center front row table during the show, though. Wasn't it her who got the album signed right at the encore?
    ~Eva~

...the calling of the tide's eternal tune, the phases of the moon, the chambers of the heart, the egg and dart...

Out on the Border

Well, now I know your table, but there were obviously two different women there from France! The one who exchanged emails with you was sitting next to me the whole night. We commented on how lucky the blonde woman sitting front and center was to get his autograph! Wished it had been us!

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Hmmm - I thought it was the lady from Paris that got the autograph, too. But maybe that wasn't her at the front center table. I think it is doubtful that there were two different French women at the show. Eaglesvet and I were at the last table that was directly in front of the stage right in front of Chris.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016