Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: NYC, NY 10/21/09

Default Re: NYC, NY 10/21/09

I'm so happy for you, Eva and Dreamer. That's so great that the two of you got to meet up and go to the concert together. The Eagles bringing Borderers together in every way possible...always a great thing. I loved reading both of your reviews of the concert and the pictures are WONDERFUL.

I'd also like to welcome you to the Border, Susan. So glad that you got to see Timothy too.

Quote Originally Posted by Prettymaid View Post
    Love your new sig pic. I'm so happy that Timothy's in the spotlight right now. He deserves it! And as soon as the other guys put new albums out they'll be there too!
    I completely agree.
    ~Jess~

Stranded "on a corner in Winslow, Arizona
    Such a fine sight to see."

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Got this in google alerts. Dreamer and Ev-do you recognize them?

http://bonnieegenton.blogspot.com/20...t-concert.html

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Tuesday Tunes-Timothy B. Schmit concert in NYC

It's truly energizing when you meet people who have the same interests as you. So was the case when my friend Helen and I stood in line last Wednesday to see Timothy B. Schmit perform at The Bitter End. Funny how strangers become friends, even if it is temporary, as they are anxiously awaiting seeing a musician whose music has carried them throughout their lifetime. Timothy played The Shadow from his last solo album, Feed The Fire, to begin the night. He played a few Eagles tunes, I Can't Tell You Why, I Don't Want To Hear Any More (from Long Road Out of Eden), and Love Will Keep Us Alive. A treat for me was hearing his Poco hit, Keep On Tryin' as I'd never heard that live before. Timothy also sang most of the songs from his new album, Expando which is a mix of folk rock, blues and country rock. My favorite song from the album is Parachute, with Graham Nash singing back up vocals--awesome music. Here are some pics from the show--I was fortunate to be sitting right in front of the stage, a night I'll never forget . . .
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Do I recognize them?! Bonnie, the blogger (in black) and her friend Helen (in denim), were the nicest "line-mates" ever! They were right behind us in line, and gave me their extra "NY's Best Pizza" to eat! (It was offered to Dreamer, but she was still in her "not hungry" phase...those words are rarely in my vocabulary!) And Bonnie was one of the Bernardsville (my town) connections that Dreamer dug up within moments of meeting them. In fact, if you read further on in Bonnie's blog, she even mentions her Bernards High Reunion she recently attended... when I she mentioned it that night, I then matched her up with someone else in the front of the line that Dreamer had scouted out earlier. (Neither one of them live here now...both are in other parts of Jersey.)

The last picture shows another friend (in fuchsia) who's name I forget...that's the woman we actually bought our two tickets from! And I remember when that picture was being taken...Dreamer and I are off to the right, on the steps talking. This was shortly after the main man Timmy arrived in his hot ride, the black SUV.

I guess that maybe Dreamer and I are some of the "temporary strangers that became friends" that she mentions in the first line of her report!
    Last edited by eaglesvet; 10-28-2009 at 05:20 PM.
    ~Eva~

...the calling of the tide's eternal tune, the phases of the moon, the chambers of the heart, the egg and dart...

Stuck on the Border luvthelighthouse's Avatar

That's so cool! Sounds like everyone in NY had a blast!

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

OMG - How cool is that!!! Yep - that's definitely the pizza girls with the Bernardsville connection alright. That was a very sweet writeup, and she is right about how much fun it is to chat with other fans who all have similar interest. I don't know how to spell the lady's name that we bought the tickets from, but I think her name was something like Thia (that's probably not right, but, hopefully, it's kinda close). Eva, I was thinking that you actually took a few pictures for them, but I might be misremembering. Anyway, ladies if you happen to read this - a big hello to you all! It was a fun night.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

I know...that is sooo cool and coincidental! Nope, I didn't take any of their pix. One of the hubbies did. I think I will try to reach out to Bonnie on her blog, and direct her here, as well as to my Photobucket pix.
    ~Eva~

...the calling of the tide's eternal tune, the phases of the moon, the chambers of the heart, the egg and dart...

Out on the Border

Eaglesvet, thanks for e-mailing Marie Lise and getting things straightened out! If you email her again, tell her that her concert/table mate says hello! This "inquiring mind" doesn't know who got the autograph. Just know she was probably the envy of every woman there that night!! GREAT PICTURES!!!! Thanks for sharing them!! I didn't get any so really appreciate reliving the night through yours!!

Some fans with a certain gentleman outside of the NY show...

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

There ya go! Persistence!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Don't think this has been posted before - it's a review of the show by The Aquarian Weekly. Click here.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten