Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: EARLYBIRD the band: Leadon, Meisner & Felder

Default Re: EARLYBIRD the band: Leadon, Meisner & Felder

Quote Originally Posted by whitcap View Post
    While Earlybird may never happen, this site shows that Bernie and Randy were briefly in the band Black Tie together. Bernie only played a couple shows with them before leaving.
    Interesting! I wonder what turned Bernie off of the group? Guess we'll never know!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Border Desperado

Yeah, Felder finally gets to sing Vision of Love.

Hey, I wonder what happen to the cuts he did of that song before Don went in and recorded it while Felder and Irving are eating dinner. I'd love to hear them and see how they really sound.

Stuck on the Border Annoying Twit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Eagles7 View Post
    Yeah, Felder finally gets to sing Vision of Love.
    <pedant>Victim of Love</pedant>

Banned

I think I'd like to hear Visions Of Love . A mash up of Victim Of Love and Visions sounds better than the sum of it's parts.

I suppose a future sub-Eagles band would now, more likely include Walsh and Schmit than Meisner and Felder. I'd still love to see Meisner making music again in some form.

I enjoyed reading through the back pages. The set lists were fun.

Border Desperado

Sorry about the little Victim of Love / Vision of Love mix up. Guess I was all alone at the end of the evening...and the bright lights had faded to blue...couldn't see what I was typing.

Stuck on the Border Annoying Twit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Eagles7 View Post
    Sorry about the little Victim of Love / Vision of Love mix up. Guess I was all alone at the end of the evening...and the bright lights had faded to blue...couldn't see what I was typing.
    Maybe you're on a roll. Can you write the rest of the lyrics for "Vision of Love"?

Border Desperado

Quote Originally Posted by Annoying Twit View Post
    Maybe you're on a roll. Can you write the rest of the lyrics for "Vision of Love"?
    Haha, I'm on it.

Banned

I was looking up the name of Felder's nearly band from the early nineties, (Malibu Men's Choir), (apparently Felder's studio is in Malibu) and I found a 2013 Guitar World article which featured some fan questions answered by Don. http://www.guitarworld.com/dear-guit...agles-and-more

One question directly addresses the "Earlybird" band project:

Are there any plans in the works to form a band with other former members of the Eagles, even as a studio project? — Chris Nolan

Don Felder — At one point, Bernie and Randy and I were talking about putting together a group. In the interim between the period when the Eagles hit the “hold” button— I think it was ’81 or ’82 through ’94—Timothy B. Schmit and I put together a band with Paul Carrack and Max Carl, who’s in Grand Funk Railroad now. We got together at my studio in Malibu and recorded 10 or 12 songs we’d written together, one of which wound up becoming “Love Will Keep Us Alive,” which was on the Eagles’ Hell Freezes Over record.

Anyway, Randy, Bernie and I have talked about doing it, but there are a few problems involved. Bernie doesn’t play very much anymore; he’s kind of semi-retired from the music business. Meanwhile, Randy has some health issues. He was in a group recently but had to stop doing that because of his health. I think that option is quickly expiring.
    It's kinda uncanny how these bands didn't just fall apart after a short time, they never even got off the ground.

I wonder if any other songs from the Malibu Men's Choir project, besides Love Will Keep Us Alive, have sinced surfaced. Don did say that they recorded 10 or 12 songs.

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

That surprises me to hear Don F. say that Bernie wasn't playing very much anymore. Of course, because Bernie went on to be a featured guest of the HOTE tour and did a fine job, but I mean also doesn't he just seem like the type of musician who's always playing, who always has a guitar or banjo in his hands? Things can happen though. Perhaps he became disillusioned or disappointed.

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by whitcap View Post
    While Earlybird may never happen, this site shows that Bernie and Randy were briefly in the band Black Tie together. Bernie only played a couple shows with them before leaving.
    Aw snap, the link has expired.