Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pebble Beach 2010

Smile Pebble Beach 2010

A friend of mine, called the Pebble Beach office and ask them if Glenn was on the list. He is on list two they told her but has not yet confirmed he is playing. So I just wanted to share that, let's keep our fingers crossed. I watch it on tv, and I love to see Glenn there.
    Oh they tell me there is a place over younder cool water running through the burning sand until we learn to love one another we will never reach the promised land. Hole In The World 2001

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Default Re: Pebble Beach 2010

Thanks for the info, SF. From past experience over the last few years, it is too early to know if he will be playing the tournament or not. Fingers are crossed, but I'm not getting my hopes up.
    Last edited by Ive always been a dreamer; 11-01-2009 at 10:40 PM.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Dreamer, will you be going if he plays?

Yeah, I'm not getting my hopes up either. It's my understanding that they only get to those on the second list if some on the first list can't make it. I'll definitely try to go if he confirms, though!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

I just spoke to the Pebble Beach office. They have 2 celebrity invite lists - the second one goes out after the first one (I think it's almost like a wait list if they go through the first list and all the people don't respond then they go to the second one). She said Glenn is definately on one of the two lists she's just not sure which one. Now that I've reminded her about my interest in Glenn I'm sure she will keep her ears open if they hear anything. Only the "save the date" info has gone out. She said they have gotten some verbal confirmations back but no celebrities have turned in their paperwork. I believe the formal invites with the paperwork goes out around Thanksgiving. Still not getting my hopes up too much, but that was nice
    Oh they tell me there is a place over younder cool water running through the burning sand until we learn to love one another we will never reach the promised land. Hole In The World 2001

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Thanks for the info, SF. Sounds eerily familiar to what we were told last year (after several inquiries). My guess is that it'll be a long shot if Glenn plays the tournament this time, but I hope that just maybe we will all be very pleasantly surprised. In any event, if Glenn is on the 2nd list, it could be mid-January before we know if he'll be there.

And GL, I can't say for sure, but if Glenn shows up at that tournament in February, then there's a pretty good chance that I will too.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Fingers crossed! I remember the afternoon I spent, squealing with excitement and crying with laughter, over the accounts of Soda et al's visit to Pebble Beach. Absolutely hilarious! If I couldn't be there myself, I'd definitely look forward to more wonderfully written PB 'reviews'.

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

Out on the Border

^^
    I watch it on tv, and I love to see Glenn there.

Last edited by mifdulma; 11-10-2009 at 05:49 AM.

Border Desperado

I know a couple of ladies who volunteer and work it every year. I don't live too far from there... they have a blast at it...

you might consider volunteering... you get to go to lots of the parties and rub elbows (etc)... we always tease the girls that it is their wild weekend away from the hubbies and, well, they laugh pretty hard about it....

It is beautiful but always seems to rain at least one day... I'm decidedly biased but I think the central coast of Ca is just gorgeous.
    I hope your daughter never has to find out how funny rape is. -Sodascouts

Quote Originally Posted by bernie's bender View Post
    I know a couple of ladies who volunteer and work it every year. I don't live too far from there... they have a blast at it...

you might consider volunteering...
    Bender, Glennie's Angels have volunteered...specifically to get Glenn a screwdriver! (See past Pebble Beach threads).
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.