Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "Life of Illusion" live

Default Re: "Life of Illusion" live

He did Laundry Night Blues with the James Gang in Las Vegas.

All of those songs mentioned would be fantastic....but I'd say a majority of those attending the concert would not be familiar with them. I think they are looking for "warm fuzzies" at the concerts.

"County Fair" might be a good one. It got a little "air time" back in the day.

MikeA

Quote Originally Posted by MikeA View Post
    He did Laundry Night Blues with the James Gang in Las Vegas.

All of those songs mentioned would be fantastic....but I'd say a majority of those attending the concert would not be familiar with them. I think they are looking for "warm fuzzies" at the concerts.

"County Fair" might be a good one. It got a little "air time" back in the day.
    The first time I ever heard that song was on the radio last year some time (I think it was last year lol) and I only caught the tail end of it. No singing....just guitar playing. I remember instantly stopping when I heard the guitar. I thought to myself "that HAS to be a Joe song! No one sounds like that." And that was the first time I had ever recognized someone's guitar playing. LOL I used Song ID on my phone to double check and sure enough! I was right! lol So I went and found the song and I loved it! Still do!

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Life of Illusion is one of my favorite Joe solo songs as well. I was absolutely thrilled when he opened his show with it in Atlantic City in August, 2007. He was sitting on a stool center stage with the spotlight on only him, just as it should have been. But as much as I love it, I don't think the song would be a particularly good fit for an Eagles show. I think the solution is that Joe needs to do more solo shows!!!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

He sure does need to do some more solo shows. I have never seen a solo show of his and I really want to. At least I got to see the James Gang, but I wanna hear stuff like Pretty Maids All in a Row, Help Me Thru the Night, Indian Summer, and as the thread says, Life of Illusion. What I want to hear most, though, is TURN TO STONE!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    He sure does need to do some more solo shows. I have never seen a solo show of his and I really want to. At least I got to see the James Gang, but I wanna hear stuff like Pretty Maids All in a Row, Help Me Thru the Night, Indian Summer, and as the thread says, Life of Illusion. What I want to hear most, though, is TURN TO STONE!
    He did TTS in that Stone Temple Pilot concert at Hard Rock in Vegas. And, the Eagles did it in the Farewell I tour. Awesome performance and the Eagles did it right!

Here's the opening riff and a few chords of Life Of Illusion. I need to get back to more of Joe's tunes. I've been momentarily diverted to Country/Western by my folks in Arkansas <LOL>

MikeA

Good work Mike!

LOI is probably in my top 5 favorite Joe songs. And I agree with some, that Joe needs to do some solo shows. C'mon Joe, let's hear something from you - either that you're going to tour or that you're going to release an album soon!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

We are totally forgetting the one obvious song Joe should return to the set list...

Space Age Whiz Kids

Honestly, how great would that be?

I would also LOVE to hear The Radio Song live. Does anyone know if he actually performed that one live, ever? Even during the Got Any Gum tour?
    "City streets don't have much pity,
    When you're down, that's where you'll stay..."
    -Joe Walsh