Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Joe Walsh and Stevie Nicks

Default Re: Joe Walsh and Stevie Nicks

Just found this little poem by Stevie on The Ledge - written when they were together, I presume:

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Awww - that is very touching, although also very telling about the state of their relationship. Soda, how did the folks on The Ledge come across this, do you know?

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

It was originally put up by a site which is now defunct - sararhiannon.com - as part of a larger set of writings. When the site was active, the writings were exclusive to her site per her request, but now that the site is "off the air" they're commonly posted.

According to Sara who ran the site, the writings are journal entries Xeroxed by a (so-called) friend of Stevie's. I suspect some of them were downright snatched, probably after Stevie had tossed them aside or into a junk heap, but there's no proof of that.

Some of them are in Stevie's handwriting like this one which I also think is about Joe because the scenario described is like the one she's told about her first time meeting Joe, and it was written in the mid-80s when they were in a relationship - or at least, when Stevie still believed them to be in a relationship, lol. As we've noted earlier, apparently she held on for a lot longer than Mr. Walsh! Indeed, a look at the above poem "Angel" will tell you Stevie realized that he wasn't nearly as into her as she was into him. Anyway, some, like the aforementioned "Angel", are typed.

They have been passed around amongst fans since the mid-80s, entering circulation shortly after they were written. (Unlike the Eagles fandom, the Fleetwood Mac fandom has a very active trading community.)

I know the whole situation of the way they were made available involves some shady dealings and I don't applaud the behavior of this "friend" whoever he/she may be... but the writings have been out there in the fan community for almost three decades and on the internet for over 10 years so at this point, I can't see the harm in re-posting them.

Stuck on the Border Tiffanny Twisted's Avatar

vERY INTRESTING,

I didnt realize that they had a realationship till I read about it here.
    Beautiful Poem

tt

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Thanks for the details, Soda. Very interesting indeed and quite amazing that these are in circulation. I can't imagine any similar type stuff surfacing for any of the Eagles.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Nice find Soda!
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Wow, I would be so pissed about this if I were her. Those look like private notes & I think to have them out there is just too much. I sure as heck wouldn't want any of my private letters out there. I better burn everything now!!!

Default Re: Lucy Walsh

OK, I went back & read the Joe & Stevie thread...It all talks about the great romance between them & how Stevie was so in love with him.

Well, the thing here that kind of upsets me, is that nothing is mentioned about the fact that Joe is a married guy during this so called romance. Lucy Walsh was born Dec 3, 1982, so in 1983, he's married with a very young child.

According to Stevie, it was love at first sight, but I don't think it was for Joe. She apparently practically jumped in his lap at that first meeting. I have to say that I think a lot of this relationship is built up in Stevie's head. I hate to sound cruel about it, but that's how it looked to me. If Joe wanted to leave his wife for Stevie, he would have done so....I don't think it was much more than a fling to Joe. They were touring together, they were doing lots of drugs, & she was willing to sleep with him, & he didn't pass it up....I mean what guy would pass on Stevie? The fact that she had very strong feelings for him, would have given up her career for him, wrote a beautiful song for him are all HER feelings....NOT HIS.

The fact that he barely mentions it, tells me the feelings were not reciprocated. Did he use her? Maybe? That's the chance you take when you fall for a married man...This is something I am just dead set against, sleeping with a married guy. You are only setting yourself up for heartache....Well, Stevie fell hard, & everyone feels her pain, but I am not one of those people. She had no respect for his marriage or the fact that he had a baby daughter. She only wanted what she wanted & that was Joe. Well, just shows that even the most beautiful women in the world don't always get what they want. Maybe this is cold, but I think it is a more honest look at this relationship.

Wonder how Lucy feels about Stevie Nicks?, who probably caused major problems in her parents marriage, & could have even been part of their demise. Probably no love lost there.....I'm just sayin' There's a lot more to this than Stevie's hurt feelings.

Since this is mostly about Stevie and Joe and not so much about Lucy, I went ahead and moved the post.

I agree that it was a huge mistake and morally wrong for Stevie to get with Joe, although Joe as the married man should be even more ashamed of himself (IMHO). I don't like the way Joe treated her, but she was asking for trouble having a relationship with him.

We can't know how they really felt, but judging from interviews with Joe and Stevie and the vast emotional disparity evident in them, it does appear Stevie was deluding herself - that the "grand romance" was almost entirely one-sided. Truth be told, I get embarrassed for her when she goes on and on about Joe. Considering how Joe feels, it makes her look kind of pathetic to anyone who knows the whole story. Thank God she hasn't been doing that in recent interviews.

I don't know what she was thinking, getting involved with Joe, a married man who was obviously on a downward spiral of alcoholism and substance abuse. All I can say is she was doing a lot of drugs and perhaps that had something to do with it. She obviously felt physical chemistry with him and related to him on some level; perhaps she felt she could "save" him... I just don't know.

I also want to note, though, that it doesn't seem like Joe was just using her for sex. I believe he did have genuine affection for her... just not love. Perhaps he looked at it as "friends with benefits."

I don't know what Lucy thinks of Stevie all these years later. It would be natural for her to resent the affair. However, if she can forgive her dad for cheating on her mom (with multiple women, not just Stevie), maybe she can forgive Stevie, too.

Stuck on the Border Tiffanny Twisted's Avatar

Soda,

time frame question.
    Was she with DOn before or after she was with JOe??

DOnt you find it intresting that she connected with two guys in the same band??

tt