Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: Celebration of "Eagles Live" Album

Border Rebel

Default Re: Celebration of "Eagles Live" Album

Quote Originally Posted by BillBailey1976 View Post
    A thought that just occurred to me about SBR. Why was this song not on The Long Run? All the stories you hear is how they didn't have anything finished, and how big a struggle the song writing was during this album.
    It would have made sense. It was a song they did live, so fans would know it.
    Has anyone heard this answered?
    It would've made perfect sense to me, but it seems that they wanted to include all original material from ONE OF THESE NIGHTS onward (before the reunion...apparently things changed after that). I would've killed for a studio version of that! They probably only used it on the LIVE set because the record label wanted a single and that was the only viable candidate that sounded like and Eagles song. They weren't going to go with "All Night Long."

Border Desperado

But, wasn't "in The City" a Walsh solo song? That's another reason why I can't figure out SBR not being there. Schmidt brought in ICTYW, and Joe had ITC.

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    I'll just stick to the official recording then, thanks.

However, I am now listening to that video, and right at the beginning, there is Glenn singing 'southward as you go'. So I don't really know what you are referring to. I mean they were singing harmonies, right? So there are multiple parts!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4lw...ature=youtu.be
    That line definitely sounds like Don not Glenn. Right before "Southward" you hear the audio cut.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowland07 View Post
    That line definitely sounds like Don not Glenn. Right before "Southward" you hear the audio cut.
    OK, I hear what you are saying.

And it makes me dislike the album & everything associated with the period even more. Quite frankly, I don't see how it benefits any fans knowing that this occurred. As if the album wasn't fake enough. (NB: MY VIEWS).
    Last edited by Freypower; 11-09-2017 at 06:53 PM.

Border Desperado

I wonder if this new Hotel California Live CD will be as overdubbed, or if it will be more authentically live.

Border Rebel

Pippin posted a link to one of the tracks, "New Kid in Town" in eagles mentions in the press. It sounds really good.

I wonder if this new Hotel California Live CD will be as overdubbed, or if it will be more authentically live.
    I’ve thought about that too, but then when would they have over-dubbed it? It seems odd they would overdub all the ‘76 Forum performances and the ones from 1980 as well, back then.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

A thought that just occurred to me about SBR. Why was this song not on The Long Run? All the stories you hear is how they didn't have anything finished, and how big a struggle the song writing was during this album.
    It would have made sense. It was a song they did live, so fans would know it.
    Has anyone heard this answered?
    I guess it just wouldn’t have been a good song for the album. It would have been a bit weird putting a straight country bluegrass song on their least country album. I would have also killed for a studio version. They should have put it on OOTN. I feel like it would have fit with the album great

Border Rebel

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    I’ve thought about that too, but then when would they have over-dubbed it? It seems odd they would overdub all the ‘76 Forum performances and the ones from 1980 as well, back then.
    It probably won't be overdubbed and in this day, they can just use auto-tune or some other form of pitch shifting which will save loads of time and money. I would expect them to do this as they are not likely to let anything out that doesn't meet their ultra high standards.

Quote Originally Posted by scottside View Post
    It probably won't be overdubbed and in this day, they can just use auto-tune or some other form of pitch shifting which will save loads of time and money. I would expect them to do this as they are not likely to let anything out that doesn't meet their ultra high standards.
    They would not use auto tune. Overdubbing is not as bad as autotune. It’s something they’ve been against and will continue to be against.