Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Celebration of "Eagles Live" Album

Default Re: Celebration of "Eagles Live" Album

Having had the pleasure of being at one of your patio vinyl parties and seeing your collection, I have to say HECK YES they need to be listened to! I wasn't sure if you brought them all into your house during the cold months or not. That would be a lot of work!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Out on the Border tjrrockandrollmaster's Avatar

First got this for Christmas 1984 on cassette (a month before my 9th birthday) and managed to wear this (plus Van Halen's Women and Children First and Pink Floyd's The Final Cut which I acquired alongside that Christmas) out. The two Joe Walsh solo tracks stood out live (especially "All Night Long" which at the end, Joe Vitale, Glenn Frey, Don Felder and Joe Walsh all got to take turns at a solo on piano and then three guitars respectively). Was my intro to "Saturday Night" (I wouldn't hear Desperado the album until the following year). Already knew "Seven Bridges Road" as it was on Greatest Hits 2. The rest of the songs were better than their studio counterparts IMHO (namely Hotel California, The Long Run (with Phil Kenzie's superb alto sax solo at the end), Life in the Fast Lane, Take it Easy (I can go on))!

Then I wouldn't upgrade due to other issues until March of 1991 (again would wear that one out, in fact snapped while playing end of Side 1 of the tape the weekend of my uncle's funeral in November of 1992). What I noticed was they fixed the abrupt ending to crowd cheering on the tape by fading it out).

Finally got to acquiring on CD in February, 1994 and while I played the 2-CDs, I had the booklet to stare at and say "if only I had been older in 1979/80 to see them" (not thinking they would reunite a few months later and tickets evaporating quicker than quicksand). Then did get remastered CD and now have a copy on vinyl in Excellent condition (with poster which I had to fix but complete nevertheless and the picture labels with the grenades in the birds nest with eggs was hilarious).

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    On this day in 1980, the Eagles released their Eagles Live album. I think this is a great live album and I listen to it often in my car. In recognition of its 30th anniversary, I thought I'd post these pictures of the cover art and poster ...

HAPPY 30TH ANNIVERSARY EAGLES LIVE!!!
    Bringing this forward to celebrate this album again and I love these pics!

34 years ago today! How can it be?!

I love this album and played it to pieces back in the day! Love, love, Seven Bridges Road and this version of Take It To The Limit and Glenn's praise of Randy here!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Border Troubadour

Happy 34th birthday Eagles Live!

Never been a huge fan of live albums but any Eagles anniversary is worth celebrating, and indeed any Eagles live work is worth a listen.

I have to ask though, what on earth is Doolin-Dalton Reprise II and why did it make the cut? Such an odd, and, I have to be honest, pointless inclusion for me...

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Quote Originally Posted by thelastresort View Post
    [SIZE="7"]

I have to ask though, what on earth is Doolin-Dalton Reprise II and why did it make the cut? Such an odd, and, I have to be honest, pointless inclusion for me...
    I don't know what the 'II' means but there are lyrics to the reprise and I love it!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

I just listen to it and its an instrumental. I wonder why they never used that before other than on this album.

Happy 34th Birthday to Eagles Live. We're the same age. LOL

Border Troubadour

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    I don't know what the 'II' means but there are lyrics to the reprise and I love it!
    The 'II' was just copying what it's listed as, presumably it means 2. It's a 40~ second instrumental on that album only, I've never heard it before or since. The closing song on the Desperado album was something else.

Love this album...if I weren't flying out to Florida tonight I'd give it a spin.

The version of Life's Been Good on here smokes the solo version...so good with Joe and Felder on guitars and the backup vocals.

A great live album! I'll be listening to it tonight in honor of the anniversary of its release. Good stuff!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Border Desperado SoaringRockyMountainWay's Avatar

I love the part on this album when Joe says he's running for president. I'd vote for Joe any day! When I got the album I was happy that it came with a poster too. I have what I call A Wall of Eagles in my room that is covered with Eagles posters. I ran out of room so the poster from this album is on the ceiling above my bed.
    People talking about us they got nothing else to do. When it all comes down we will still come through in the long run.