Thread: Celebration of "Hell Freezes Over"!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: Celebration of "Hell Freezes Over"!

tbh I really did not like HFO's new tracks that much. I only like Get Over It somewhat. I personally liked the concert more. One of the last unique setlists ever in their live performances, with rarities (for that time anyway), like Peaceful Easy Feeling, The Last Resort, Wasted Time (reprise) and In the City (which was exceptionally rare in the HFO tour). Good performances.
    The chemistry... nuff said

Happy anniversary, HFO! I love the album and the concert. I don't know why people don't like the new songs on the album, I love all 4.

I think Learn To Be still and Get Over It are very good songs. I think LWKUA is a pretty good song, and TGFY is ok. Not bad but it’s missing something. Wish we had more from them but it was still a solid effort

Also to me, the rest of the tour's setlist was meh. Too many cliched songs for the most part. I really do not care about Love Will Keep Us Alive tbh. Such a common song, even today. I only really look forward to Hotel I really do not like Henley and Frey's solo stuff that much.

And the irritating thing about the tour is that every performance was recorded. Why? Because, basically every venue has pro shot (like Christchurch), but we will never get to see it. Nor will they ever release it. Like there are good concerts from HFO, like Irvine 1994, Giants Stadium 1994, Osaka 1995, Dublin 1996, etc. Argggghhh!!! Classic Eagles. And WalshFan, if you ever see this, trust me, you have never seen an awesome setlist then. There are way better ones than Eagles Live or Christchurch. Look at the link. These are examples of a brilliant setlist. Really wish we had footage (at least audience recordings) for these concerts. Trumps HFO completely tbh.

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/eagle...-63c5464f.html
    https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/eagle...-73c54651.html
    https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/eagle...-63c5465b.html
    https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/eagle...-73c12649.html
    https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/eagle...-43df3ba3.html
    https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/eagle...-7bc12664.html

Border Desperado

HFO has a special place in my heart. It was the reason I really got into the Eagles. As a High School kid, I fell in love with them during the VH1 showing of HFO, along with all the Eagles Family Tree stuff they showed, like the Don Kirshner stuff, and the South of Sunset marathon.
    Then that was the first concert I saw, getting to see the live HFO tour.
    Best moment was after seeing HFO on tv, I was expecting to never get to hear the original Hotel California. Talk about super pumped when the spot light came on, to DF playing the double neck...Great moment!!!

I really wish that next year for the 25th Anniversary they do one of the following
    1. 3 CD set HFO 25th Anniversary + 2 Disc HFO Live tour (the HC release gives me hope)
    2. 1 CD + DVD, 25th Anniversary HFO cd + Live HFO Tour Concert Video. (The Glenn Frey set coming out gives me hope for this)

Quote Originally Posted by BillBailey1976 View Post
    HFO has a special place in my heart. It was the reason I really got into the Eagles. As a High School kid, I fell in love with them during the VH1 showing of HFO, along with all the Eagles Family Tree stuff they showed, like the Don Kirshner stuff, and the South of Sunset marathon.
    Then that was the first concert I saw, getting to see the live HFO tour.
    Best moment was after seeing HFO on tv, I was expecting to never get to hear the original Hotel California. Talk about super pumped when the spot light came on, to DF playing the double neck...Great moment!!!

I really wish that next year for the 25th Anniversary they do one of the following
    1. 3 CD set HFO 25th Anniversary + 2 Disc HFO Live tour (the HC release gives me hope)
    2. 1 CD + DVD, 25th Anniversary HFO cd + Live HFO Tour Concert Video. (The Glenn Frey set coming out gives me hope for this)
    (RANT INCOMING)

Lol the last hopeful paragraph

They will give us nothing. Because that's the Eagles for you. They have recorded every HFO show (obviously including both nights of the Burbank show) and still do to this present day. They even remastered some (like 1994 Giants Stadium, Dublin 1996, etc.) But nope, that's that. We will never get any again. I am 120% sure. Henley claiming there is nothing in the vault, all that is bull****. Such lying, especially when all of us want more. Heck they even apparently planned to release 1994 Irvine and 1999 Los Angeles, but nope, classic Eagles, not releasing stuff.

(Quite OT, sorry) Tbh, the Hotel 40th Anniversary release is pretty lame. Why can't they give something worthwhile for once?? We (okay maybe not everyone, but still). Don't. Want. Forum. 76. Again and again. And please. No overdubbing. They did it for the new release yet freaking again. They could've released to us: 1977 Nassau (Try and FREAKING Love Again was there!), 1977 Alpine Valley, 1977 London (April 28th had an orchestra apparently!)

Here's a thing Henley and Azoff. If you want us to stop bootlegging, RELEASE STUFF.

Happy 24th Birthday to the Hell Freezes Over special airing on MTV.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

The special that started it all back up again!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY HELL FREEZES OVER TV PROGRAM!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten