Page 24 of 33 FirstFirst ... 14202122232425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: Celebration of "Hell Freezes Over"!

Default Re: Celebration of "Hell Freezes Over"!

Happy 22nd Birthday to the Hell Freezes Over tapings. Thank goodness they got back together and we had the guys as a group for 22 great years.

I guess I will pop in my DVD.

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

When this aired this is what really got me into the Eagles myself. I already knew them thanks to my parents being fans but I loved watching this and I was only 8 at the time. It was just awesome to watch them all together and that's when I really started wanting to know more about them, especially Glenn.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Can't believe it's been 22 years since the recording! Where has the time gone? I remember watching the special on MTV like it was yesterday. Anyway, maybe we'll get lucky one day if the powers that be decide to release the rest of the show, specifically the second night. What a joy that would be!
    "You thought you would be satisfied, but you never will learn to be still."

This special introduced me to the Eagles as a band. We're so lucky they "resumed"!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    This special introduced me to the Eagles as a band. We're so lucky they "resumed"!
    Same here, Soda. I hate I stopped listening at the start of the 21st century. Even though I had 10 of their songs on MP3 player, I wasn't fan fan until 2013. I hate I waited so late to find them again.

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Happy anniversary to HFO tapings! I'm so glad that the band reunited/resumed. I've watched most of the show online, but have yet to watch the DVD that I bought a few months ago. I'll try to do that tonight.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

I watched the DVD last night too - bittersweet in light of what has happened. Definitely my favourite on the DVD has to be The Girl From Yesterday - I know some people find it a bit too country for them but I love it.

I'd love too to see a release of the HFO night 2
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Border Troubadour

I love the Girl from yesterday because it is pure country.

How wonderful it was and how lucky we all were that they came back together after their 'fourteen year break' - look at all that we would have missed out on.

Happy anniversary HFO!!!
    ...Well it sure makes you wonder the things that some people will say. They can see black and white but they don't seem to notice the grey...

Stuck on the Border Jonny Come Lately's Avatar
    Watching the hazy sun sinking in the sea in England

Happy 22nd birthday to the original recording of Hell Freezes Over! I'm extremely glad they reunited as we got some absolutely brilliant performances. If I had to pick one favourite, I'd go for the gorgeous rendition of PMAIAR - I really love Joe's slide playing on the outro and I think it takes on a new dimension thematically knowing that he was making his first steps along the road to recovery. However, I also really like the acoustic HC, The Last Resort, ICTYW and Take It Easy. Of the new songs, I really love Get Over It and Learn To Be Still.

I've never mentioned this before, but you may be interested to know that my whole family absolutely LOVES Learn To Be Still. It unites the four members of my family (myself included) in a way that very, very few songs do - all four of us love it. If I put on playlists in the car it frequently gets repeated!

I remember the day I bought HFO on CD last summer I put it in the car and immediately set it to play LTBS. I'd always liked it a lot and thought it was underrated, but I was surprised as it was an instant hit with both my mum and, more unusually, my sister (her music tastes are quite different from mine) and they asked me to repeat it. I let the disc play on from then and so they heard Tequila Sunrise and then the acoustic version of HC came on - same result as LTBS, both absolutely adored it. I know this is my sister's favourite version of the song (I love both but the original takes some beating). They loved those two songs so much that they kept playing them over and over. They then went somewhere else after I went home and they were enjoying them so much that I couldn't get the CD out of the car to upload it onto my computer!

Happy 22nd Birthday to the Hell Freezes Over special. It premiered on MTV 22 years ago today.