Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ... 22282930313233 LastLast

Thread: Celebration of "Hell Freezes Over"!

Default Re: Celebration of "Hell Freezes Over"!

Happy 24th Birthday to the Hell Freezes Over album. I kinda hate that they stopped playing Get Over It and The Girl From Yesterday after the tour ends. I would loved to hear Get Over It again.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Same here. Those were great songs. Very underrated.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Out on the Border

They just removed the album from Spotify! I really like the live songs on there... especially LITFL where you can hear that bass!

Quote Originally Posted by captainnemo View Post
    They just removed the album from Spotify! I really like the live songs on there... especially LITFL where you can hear that bass!
    What the..?? BOO!!!

I wonder if it has something to do with Legacy?

I just got the DVD and CD of Hell Freezes Over earlier this year and it wasn't until I watched the documentary History Of The Eagles that I remembered seeing it on television with my parents. I was around 7-8 years old at the time and thought it was cool and that I liked the two lead singers Don & Glenn but didn't think much else of it other than I liked it because I loved music even at an early age

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesFan86 View Post
    I just got the DVD and CD of Hell Freezes Over earlier this year and it wasn't until I watched the documentary History Of The Eagles that I remembered seeing it on television with my parents. I was around 7-8 years old at the time and thought it was cool and that I liked the two lead singers Don & Glenn but didn't think much else of it other than I liked it because I loved music even at an early age
    So you just got them recently! What do you think of them now - like them any better?

Happy 25th Anniversary to the taping of Hell Freezes Over. I can't believe its now been 25 years.

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Happy 25th Birthday to the HFO special airing on MTV.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Thanks for reviving this thread, shun. Actually, the official anniversary of the MTV special airing was yesterday. But, it is hard to believe this is the 25th anniversary year of hell freezing over. There are so many events to celebrate for the resumption starting with the taping of the special in the spring of 1994. A lot of events to celebrate next month as well.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Actually. I did post it yesterday. It was still the 26th when I post it.

But i can't believe it is 25 years. I wish i was able to go to the shows back then. I was a closet fan until 2013.